k-state hires tcu's wbb coach to replace deb patterson ...

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
If you were a teenager in a foreign land and your "family" was the coaches who brought you to the country, and then your comfort zone was being taken away, who would you talk to? You would talk to the coaches. Basically, the only ones she could go to for advice of any kind were the coaches. I have no doubt they talked about possible destinations for any/all of them.

Her coaches were then her family and mentors, and who else would you want a young person getting advice from? Certainly not the K-State administration!

The fact is KSU fired a coaching staff and a player should have the right to transfer somewhere.

I agree she should be able to transfer, and KSU moved to swift and was stupid and is being stupid, but I can also see why KSU was concerned with Xavi. I mean he used Romero to get a job in the first place. And with all the D1 jobs out there, Northern Colorado was a big step down for any of the KSU coaches. I have not been a fan of Deb for a long time. She created this mess. Being a strict conservative displinarian and devout christian and being a lesbian living with your partner who is also a coach on the team has caused a lot of problems over the years for players at KSU.

Romero is unfortunately bearing the brunt of Debs mistakes, but it is not fair to take them out on Romero. And I think Romero is probably only guilty of seeking advice from those she trusted, unfortunately, they are also the ones that are on the oust.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
she's been released.

MANHATTAN, Kan. - K-State Athletics Director John Currie announced today that women's basketball student-athlete Leticia Romero has been granted a release as a result of a newly modified institutional policy. The K-State Athletics Board of Directors approved a recommendation by Currie to retroactively apply the amended policy, which will permit Romero to transfer and be eligible for athletics aid at any institution under NCAA Bylaw 13.1.1.3, with the exception of Big 12 institutions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron