K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m one of the rare birds that hates the idea of mixing Cyclones with travel. Maybe because travel is so expensive that we like to get as much in as we can, but the idea of adding the stress of an ISU sporting event to what is supposed to be a relaxing time sounds counterproductive. But I understand why people like it.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Not sure I'll be able to make it, but this is going to be a very cool experience for those that can. Ireland is a bucket list place.

Reactions: STLISU

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I was in Ireland during last year's Notre Dame/Navy game. The Fighting Irish took over Dublin. The Navy fans, not so much.

If you've ever had the opportunity/excuse to go to Ireland, this is it. Great time of year, and it is beautiful.

Didn't care about the game. I was there on business/vacation. My regret is that I waited until I was 70 years old.

Fly from Boston on Aer Lingus. No hassle. From Boston it's like taking a domestic flight. The minute you are on the plane you are in Ireland. It's the easiest international trip I've ever taken.

There are direct flights on aer lingus from MSP and ORD as well.

Reactions: CascadeClone

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I’d go. Always wanted to see how much Guinness I can ingest in one day.

My record is nine but that was in Bruges, Belgium, in a packed Irish pub for the Womens England vs Germany euros final. The bartender from Cork let me pour one of mine even. In dublin, I polished off 6 before I couldn’t do anymore beer.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Ireland is also mostly farmland. Plenty of Agricultural outreach opportunities for us and the purple cats if this comes to fruition.

This event would fit right in in Iowa or Kansas:

Reactions: nrg4isu

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Did I miss something? Why did the Host thread get merged with the Ireland thread?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Pay KST in Ireland-stupid.
Then face jet lag and **** practice week to come back and play Iowa - Bullship
Imagine posting something like this without actually understanding anything about the situation

• Haha
Reactions: cyputz

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.

Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.

Just don’t make it an annoying screeching DJ like they have now at USC and other schools.

It gives me a headache just listening on the radio with that stupid guy in the background.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.

Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.
I can do it. Look at my avatar.