J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Would guess that's a backup for is Hadley or Kyle doesn't commit - but the odds seem to favor that he doesn't make it to campus at this point because Hadley and Kyle both commit before the 19th.

Looking closer at Jefferson's numbers - he's a true soph (like Kyle) and started all 26 games he played this year. He's between Hadley and Kyle in size, listed at 6'8" 220. His numbers are kind of scarily similar to Hadley's.

Hadley is 11.6pts, 6.0rbs, 2.4assts, 1.2 steals
Jefferson is 10.2pts, 6.5rbs, 2.3 assts, 1.2 steals

Although Hadley played ~8 minutes more per game. Jefferson struggled from deep, shooting 27%.

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: simply1 and Aclone

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I'm confused
A player in the portal who wasn't committed to us still isn't committed to us. I'm not gonna worry about something that never happened. The offseason used to be a safe space for isu sports disappointment and I plan on keeping it that way.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
We got outbid! That’s why he was silent this whole time. Tbh, I don’t think we want a guy who’s chasing a bag anyways
Who knows, maybe he didn't think he was chasing a bag until offers came through he wasn't expecting. Everybody has a price, including most of the guys on our roster.

Reactions: Clonedogg

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I don’t think this ends with Kyle + Jefferson filling out the spots. I’ll guess that the staff wants one of them and then will keep that last spot for a late transfer now that Hadley isn’t using it. A big who can shoot would be a nice add. But maybe they see Chatfield in that role.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Would guess that's a backup for is Hadley or Kyle doesn't commit - but the odds seem to favor that he doesn't make it to campus at this point because Hadley and Kyle both commit before the 19th.

Looking closer at Jefferson's numbers - he's a true soph (like Kyle) and started all 26 games he played this year. He's between Hadley and Kyle in size, listed at 6'8" 220. His numbers are kind of scarily similar to Hadley's.

Hadley is 11.6pts, 6.0rbs, 2.4assts, 1.2 steals
Jefferson is 10.2pts, 6.5rbs, 2.3 assts, 1.2 steals

Although Hadley played ~8 minutes more per game. Jefferson struggled from deep, shooting 27%.

Curious why you state "the odds seem to favor that he doesn't make it to campus at this point because Hadley and Kyle both commit before the 19th."?

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
We got outbid! That’s why he was silent this whole time. Tbh, I don’t think we want a guy who’s chasing a bag anyways
His price may not be worth it. The guy's not a game changer.

I mean, we're after other guys too, and we'll need NIL $$$ for them as well. It'll be interesting to see where Hadley ends up.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
how do we know he was the one who left the negotiating table? Maybe we're after bigger fish, Indiana States Robbie Avila just entered the portal today... coincidence?
Anybody that's going to get half a million dollars or more is not a target for us. I think our coaches have figured out how to play the Portal ISU style. It takes some finesse, but so far I think it is working. :)

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Anybody that's going to get half a million dollars or more is not a target for us. I think our coaches have figured out how to play the Portal ISU style. It takes some finesse, but so far I think it is working. :)
C’mon, half-million is juuust a bit of an exaggeration. Hunter left for half that and no one pays more NIL than UT.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron