Just laugh it off guys

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Prohm also said they he didnt say anything deragatory towards the refs when he got his T. Then later in the game you see Huggins screaming at the refs "Thats ****ing b*****t" and the refs just ignore him.

yeah, I don't doubt that Prohm didn't say anything derogatory.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Some Iowa fans will tell you that Michigan State does the same thing. I don't watch enough of them to know if that's true or not.

Yes Iowa fans are right. MSU gets away with a lot of physical play. It's good strategy by Huggy. If you know they will only call half of the fouls, it's a win.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I cannot understand how the referees let WV players get away with showing them up. Every call they throw their hands in the air like they didn't touch anyone. It blows my mind, as an official myself, how they allow WV players to treat them like that. Honestly, a coach questioning your call is one thing, its his job, but players showing that much disrespect towards the officials is terrible and WV players should (they won't I know) be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: mitten1975

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I cannot understand how the referees let WV players get away with showing them up. Every call they throw their hands in the air like they didn't touch anyone. It blows my mind, as an official myself, how they allow WV players to treat them like that. Honestly, a coach questioning your call is one thing, its his job, but players showing that much disrespect towards the officials is terrible and WV players should (they won't I know) be ashamed of themselves.
The players and the fans all take on the mentality of the coach. It is all one of disrespect, I don't mind fans doing a certain amount of complaining about the refs, but in a WV game, it is the whole focus of the fans, the coach, and the players.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
WVU is a terrible matchup for this ISU team. ISU relies on ball security to help make up for the fact that they can't rebound worth a ****. It's the only way to help balance out the huge discrepancy in number of possessions ISU gets vs. their opponent. Steals are the other way in which this helps balance that out (although it still is never truly balanced.. rebounding is a big deal)

Against a team like WVU who is more often than not allowed to get away with murder, you end up turning the ball over more, which takes away those precious offensive possessions for ISU. If you compound that with a poor showing rebounding.. unless your defense is perfect or the other team can't hit a basket to save their lives, you're in for a rough night.

If WVU either faces a team with a tough, offensive frontcourt or a superstar driving guard, they're completely screwed. Especially once you get some refs in there who'll actually call the fouls under the basket. The other team'll shoot 30 free throws.

thegreatshimeme

Mar 4, 2017
This won't make you feel any better but here's what WVU thought of the officiating:

http://www.scout.com/college/west-v...1873-5-total-fouls-called-on-us-in-first-half

I'm telling you, those fans are jaded on what basketball is supposed to look like.
Then they're surprised when they get bounced early in the NCAA tournament.

6 of the past 10 times WVU has made the NCAA Tournament, they have made it to at least the Sweet 16.

They have lost on a last second shot 3 of those 10 seasons (Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s) and twice in OT (Elite 8 and Sweet 16). 3 of the 10 teams to eliminate them have went on to the National Championship game; 5 of 10 made the Final Four; 7 of 10 made the Elite 8.

They have only been upset as the favored seed twice since 1985.

It was a poorly officiated game. Neither WVU game has indicated how good of a basketball team Iowa State is. ...but let's not act like SFA last season was the norm for WVU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron