Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
Here's a fun stat from last year.
For the season, Minnesota had 8 receiving TD's made by wide receivers
Detroit had 15
Chicago had 17
Green Bay had 35

Green bay has the best wideouts in the North. It's not even close.
They also have the best QB in the North, which also makes the WR numbers look better. But yes, GB is light years ahead of the other North teams in terms of pass offense.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They also have the best QB in the North, which also makes the WR numbers look better. But yes, GB is light years ahead of the other North teams in terms of pass offense.

this has been addressed. See post #25

yes, Rodgers is better than the other guys, but look at the disparity. Is he that much better? The Packers have more than double the number of WR TDs than the next best team. Certainly Rodgers accounts for some of that, but that's a giant difference. (uggh, I feel dirty arguing for Green Bay)

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Oh yeah?? Well no one is a bigger brat than Jay Cutler.

Back to Lenz...
Cutler is more of a corned beef rueben than a brat. He's really good but kinda sloppy and greasy.
Rodgers is more like a tuna salad sandwich with the crust cut off. He's really good but you're embarrased to tell your friends how good you think he is.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Did I say anything about him paying a year's salary? I was referring to him not wearing an opposing team's jersey. Not much of a bet to keep and yes, he's a tool for welching on the bet. Especially a simple one like that. When false pride and an inflated ego keep a guy from honoring a simple bet...he's a tool.
Don't get mad, he's a great QB.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Yeah guys, people standing up for their friends who have no idea that they lied to their face multiple times are tools. Packers/Brewers fan (from WI, not bandwagon) and I am ashamed of what happened and can never look at Braun the same. Eventually if he could show genuine remorse and prove that he is sorry for what he did I COULD forgive him but he has left a huge stain of the Brewers and baseball. I really find it surprisingon how many people are going after Rodgers when all he was doing was standing up for someone he considered a good friend and unfortunately lied to his face multiple times. Its unfortunate that Rodgers got caught up in this and I think it only reinforces how much of a snake Braun was throughout this entire ordeal. Not saying Rodgers is blameless but I'm curious why people are being so hostile toward him...

I haven't seen much hostility toward him over the Braun issue, but people can rightfully question how he could have been so naive, or was Rodgers simply lying to protect his financial interests in their joint ventures/restaurants?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Lenz always ran good routes and had nice hands, and is sort of deceptively quick. Would go over the middle to make the tough catch too. He's never going to be an elite wideout at 6'0", but there's lots of guys catching balls in the NFL from the slot just like him.

I'm pulling for him.

temptc_073013_01--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
If he makes the team, despite being a Vikings fan, I will root for him/The Bears whenever they aren't playing the Vikings. (And to be fair...I'm not that passionate about NFL, college football is my sport (with Soccer being a close second))

IowaStFB

Aug 23, 2009
Looks like he's putting it all out there on the field. Hard work might just pay off:

Last night:
Ryan Heckman - RS@ryanmheckman11h
Watch out for @Josh_Lenz. Made a particularly incredible catch tonight that had @SoldierField on their feet. #Bears #TrainingCamp

Training Camp

Bears Talk@BearsTalkCSN31 Jul
Josh Lenz gets the crowd going with an over the shoulder catch downfield from Matt Blanchard. #BearsTalk

Training Camp

Kevin Fishbain@kfishbain31 Jul
Second biggest cheer of the day comes when Matt Blanchard hits Josh Lenz on a long pass down the far sideline. Some love for the 3rd team.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Looks like he's putting it all out there on the field. Hard work might just pay off:

Last night:
Ryan Heckman - RS@ryanmheckman11h
Watch out for @Josh_Lenz. Made a particularly incredible catch tonight that had @SoldierField on their feet. #Bears #TrainingCamp

Training Camp

Bears Talk@BearsTalkCSN31 Jul
Josh Lenz gets the crowd going with an over the shoulder catch downfield from Matt Blanchard. #BearsTalk

Training Camp

Kevin Fishbain@kfishbain31 Jul
Second biggest cheer of the day comes when Matt Blanchard hits Josh Lenz on a long pass down the far sideline. Some love for the 3rd team.

Great news for Josh! Hope he can make the team!

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
It's great that he's making catches, but if he's going to earn a spot on the 53 he needs to be one of the best looking guys on special teams. If he can't do that, he's probably on the practice squad at best.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's great that he's making catches, but if he's going to earn a spot on the 53 he needs to be one of the best looking guys on special teams. If he can't do that, he's probably on the practice squad at best.

Yeah, and the other guy residing with him on the 4th string spot is on the depth chart at both KR and PR. Let's hope for his sake that Josh is showing up as one hell of a gunner.