Josh Lenz needs some love.....

Cycho1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 18, 2008
Barrington Hills, IL
I agree, Lenz is one of my favorite players on the team. You can definetely tell he's out there to give it all he's got. I think he needs a nick name. "Clutch"? "Automatic"? "Cash" (as opposed to "Money" Reynolds) What do you guys think?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He has been without a doubt our MVP. He's the most consistent player in all 3 games so far. His special teams play has put us in awesome field position. We have not scored on a drive longer than 60 yards. We have ran that receiver reverse pass twice and he hit Money in the numbers. The one Money threw wasnt close. And that catch on 3rd down last night that setup Money's game winning touchdown was out if this world! That pass was headed to the stands and he went up and got it and had the wherewithal to get a foot down. CF needs to show him some love today. We could be 0-3 without his game.

I agree with everything you said with one caveat. Both Lenz and Money did their jobs when their number was called on the reverse pass play. It wasn't there when Money had the ball so he did his job and threw it away. It was there when Lenz had the ball so he did his job and threw a lollipop to Money for the TD. He did an awesome job avoiding the pressure and getting the ball away, too. I don't think the coaches want a receiver to try to thread the needle with that pass if it isn't wide open.

Josh has been incredible. That reception on the sideline in the fourth quarter Friday was one of the best college receptions I have ever seen.

While watching him play I keep thinking of a certain Jack Whitver who always seemed to come through on third down.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
I agree with everything you said with one caveat. Both Lenz and Money did their jobs when their number was called on the reverse pass play. It wasn't there when Money had the ball so he did his job and threw it away. It was there when Lenz had the ball so he did his job and threw a lollipop to Money for the TD. He did an awesome job avoiding the pressure and getting the ball away, too. I don't think the coaches want a receiver to try to thread the needle with that pass if it isn't wide open.

Josh has been incredible. That reception on the sideline in the fourth quarter Friday was one of the best college receptions I have ever seen.

While watching him play I keep thinking of a certain Jack Whitver who always seemed to come through on third down.

From my vantage point in the stadium it looked like the receiver was wide open and Money overthrew him by a lot. But I'll take your word for it. It wasn't my point to put down Money. My point was to say that Josh has been the most consistent game after game. IMO, He just seems to make every play all of the time but no one seems to be recognizing his efforts.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Without Josh, no doubt we are 0-3. Huge catch in UNI game, huge catch in UConn game, and timely plays vs. Iowa. Kid just seems to do it all. Take it for granted, but after the last 8 years, its nice to have a punt returner that can catch the ball and return it for a few positive yards.

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
Gee i thought from some on here he was too slow, too white, and too Iowan. Hmm.

Last edited:

fenton06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Without Josh, no doubt we are 0-3. Huge catch in UNI game, huge catch in UConn game, and timely plays vs. Iowa. Kid just seems to do it all. Take it for granted, but after the last 8 years, its nice to have a punt returner that can catch the ball and return it for a few positive yards.

Where is my LIKE button?

copenhagen

Apr 23, 2007
He is like a Cyclone Nile Kinnick. Except he doesn't have to punt. Already have the best doing that.

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
From my vantage point in the stadium it looked like the receiver was wide open and Money overthrew him by a lot. But I'll take your word for it. It wasn't my point to put down Money. My point was to say that Josh has been the most consistent game after game. IMO, He just seems to make every play all of the time but no one seems to be recognizing his efforts.

There was a safety over top and a corner underneath. He was told to throw it away...

But on another note J.Nice has been cold as Ice!! After the UNI game I told him that he's he most consistent player on the roster (along with Knott) and he has continued to succeed in each game!

I can't wait to see what we do in the conference!

Let's go Cyclones!

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
He has been without a doubt our MVP. He's the most consistent player in all 3 games so far. His special teams play has put us in awesome field position. We have not scored on a drive longer than 60 yards. We have ran that receiver reverse pass twice and he hit Money in the numbers. The one Money threw wasnt close. And that catch on 3rd down last night that setup Money's game winning touchdown was out if this world! That pass was headed to the stands and he went up and got it and had the wherewithal to get a foot down. CF needs to show him some love today. We could be 0-3 without his game.

He has been a game maker, dependable, humble, a TEAM PLAYER.
We have alot of players all doing their best, never resting going strong ALL GAME.
The entire line needs some atta boys, they have been bringing their A-GAME.
Defensive line also, not a prentender in the bunch, holding the rope tight when the offense falters.
That is why we are winning, Steele is surrounded by a good mix of TEAM PLAYERS, and he is a TEAM LEADER along with LENZ and all the others receivers. We need ALL of them to keep playing unselfishly to the end of the 4th quarter, a REAL TEAM.
Fruit doesn't fall to far from the tree, they play with CPR's heart and desire.
WINNING!!!