Josh Hamilton has a new babysitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
creightonclone said:
I simply want to hear from parents out there who still hire babysitters for their 30 year-old children.

Well if you want to go that route, a better sample of the population would be asking parents if they had or currently have 30 year-old children using drugs and then ask them your questions.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
To answer the OP's question, if I had a 30-year old child with alcohol and/or drug abuse problems that could destroy his life and everything he's worked for, and I had the means to do so, I would hire a "babysitter". Especially since that 'child' has been to rehab, fought his addictions head-on, and inspired so many other people to seek help to turn their life around.

Read more than just the articles written this week, the ones that have only bashed him for not being "strong enough" to stay away from the bottle -- read the articles written a few years ago when he first got clean and when he was a year or two into sobriety, and you'll see how hard Josh has tried to stay clean and avoid the alcohol and drugs. Something happened in his life recently that he couldn't overcome on his own so he turned to the one thing that gave him comfort before, and no one else was there to stop him or point him in a new direction.

You are seriously underestimating the effects of addiction and how it can control your life.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Don't start if you can't quit...

Problem is you don't know if you can quit until you've already started. How many of us have been drunk or used drugs at some point in our lives, but are lucky enough to not have to deal with addiction. I appreciate how Hamilton has handled his relapses and I hope can stay sober.

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009
To answer the OP's question, if I had a 30-year old child with alcohol and/or drug abuse problems that could destroy his life and everything he's worked for, and I had the means to do so, I would hire a "babysitter". Especially since that 'child' has been to rehab, fought his addictions head-on, and inspired so many other people to seek help to turn their life around.

Read more than just the articles written this week, the ones that have only bashed him for not being "strong enough" to stay away from the bottle -- read the articles written a few years ago when he first got clean and when he was a year or two into sobriety, and you'll see how hard Josh has tried to stay clean and avoid the alcohol and drugs. Something happened in his life recently that he couldn't overcome on his own so he turned to the one thing that gave him comfort before, and no one else was there to stop him or point him in a new direction.

You are seriously underestimating the effects of addiction and how it can control your life.

THIS! Read his book "Beyond Belief"! Just have an open mind and realize that not everyone thinks the way you do or is able to think the way you do. It's like saying why doesn't that person with OCD just quit washing their hands every 2 minutes? I'm sure if it was that easy they would rather not spend 80% of their life washing their hands. Why doesn't that guy just quit drinking and using drugs if it has driven his family away, landed him in jail, cost him his home, etc.? Probably just because he is heartless and doesn't care right? I don't think so!

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
So Creighton loses to lowly Evansville last night and you wanna take it out on Josh Hamilton from behind a keyboard. Nice.

I'm not a Creighton fan. I'm from Creighton, Nebraska. It's a small town near Sewer City, smart guy...

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
The OP clearly doesn't understands how controlling addictions are. It's not a matter "don't start if you can't quit". Doctors and Psychiatrists would laugh you out of the room if you told them it would be that simple.

From some of the OP's posts in this thread, it's clear he doesn't know much about Josh Hamilton and his situation.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I find it quite humerous that people think of this stuff as a joke. The guy has an addiction to drinking and is doing his best to control it. Since there is a lot of money involved they went the route of hiring an assistant. He is in a lose lose situation, he is gonna be looked down on for having an addiction and now hes gonna be talked about for having a so called "babysitter" to help him with his addiction. Some of you people are idiots if you think of this as a joke or wanna talk sh** for the way he is going about his way to control his addiction.

creightonclone

Mar 3, 2008
I find it quite humerous that people think of this stuff as a joke. The guy has an addiction to drinking and is doing his best to control it. Since there is a lot of money involved they went the route of hiring an assistant. He is in a lose lose situation, he is gonna be looked down on for having an addiction and now hes gonna be talked about for having a so called "babysitter" to help him with his addiction. Some of you people are idiots if you think of this as a joke or wanna talk sh** for the way he is going about his way to control his addiction.

And he killed a guy...

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009

Well said! This guy is such an idiot of trying to take actions that will improve his life...Pfffft! Give me a break, not only is something that will help prospective suitors when he is a free agent next year feel more comfortable it is something that proved to work for him in the past as far as a part of his recovery program. Babysitter is a word the media and haters have attached to it. Mentor, friend, advisor, is what is was in the past and what it will probably be this time.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
And he killed a guy...

Wow...

What'd he do do you? Turn you down for an autograph or something?

I have a feeling you may be on timeout soon.

here-comes-the-ban-hammer-6DW7F2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.