Jordan Langs

CloneFanInKC

Jul 26, 2021
I was curious to where he landed after he left Ames. It appears he transitioned out of coaching...

As a former coach who transitioned out due to family and into "corporate America," I respect his decision and wish him well in sales.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wow, thats a change. Talk abt getting off the fast track.

Selling AEDs? Youd think there was something better than that he could have found. Leverage his leadership and mgmt skills. But idk maybe he just wants a job he can walk away from at 5pm.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Man I only work 45 hours a week and only have two kids, and barely have time for anything else. Between work, making meals, cleaning up, etc, I barely have time to poop.

I can't really even relate to his plight, but I kinda understand it!

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I knew that college coaching was intense but 100 hours per week is bonkers.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA

Selling AEDs? Youd think there was something better than that he could have found. Leverage his leadership and mgmt skills. But idk maybe he just wants a job he can walk away from at 5pm.
I have a buddy that works in sales for Stryker and makes $300k a year. Not a bad gig.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Isn't there some scuttlebutt out there that he clashed real bad with the rest of the staff? Or am I thinking about someone else?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Isn't there some scuttlebutt out there that he clashed real bad with the rest of the staff? Or am I thinking about someone else?
It's possible. I remember hearing he was replaced from his first role during the season and was pretty under utilized as one of the position coaches.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

You make it sound as if he's working for Dunder Mifflin. If he's good at this job at all he's got a great gig. Way better quality of life for the money. Those guys accidentally make six figures.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't know that I'd say "real bad." I think it was more a matter of the difference in intensity at a P5 program and where he'd had been. They aren't really even the same job, demands-wise.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't know that I'd say "real bad." I think it was more a matter of the difference in intensity at a P5 program and where he'd had been. They aren't really even the same job, demands-wise.
That makes sense. I wonder if the jump up from D2 or whatever it was to P5 was just too much too fast and he realized that being a big time college football coach wasn't really his dream job anymore. I had a career change moment similar to Langs, albeit on a much smaller scale, where what I always thought I would end up doing changed in the matter of months when I took a position in the industry that didn't turn out to be what I expected it to be.

Whatever the case was, all the best to him. Family should always come first.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
From what I heard is the staff figured out pretty quickly he was a bit over his head from the jump up in level. Nice guy from the sounds of it.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
I was curious to where he landed after he left Ames. It appears he transitioned out of coaching...

As a former coach who transitioned out due to family and into "corporate America," I respect his decision and wish him well in sales.

Sure seems to
Me that sg guy who’s career path has been what his has been on college FB has a solid future in the sport if he & his wife want to pursue it. Most of us have no clue how Div. 1 college FB Coaching impacts the demands on family life. And, my thoughts are on Langs the he will re-surface at some point in the future within zCFB and do very well—hopefully with ISU. You don’t start a program at any level and achieve what he did within the timeframe of his successes without having significant management csosbilities!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Heck even at the lower levels it can be a lot vs. the rewards.

Reactions: Aclone