Jordan Ashton Transferring

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hey did you guys hear about Daniel Burton? I hear he's done.

Dang.... we could have used a 6'6" 305 lb guy to bang inside and grab some rebounds. And the long flowing mullet would have looked sweet too running up and down the court!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Nothing against Jordan but it opens up a scholly for a better player.

Maybe not a better player but for sure a player that fits a team need much better. Just because he couldn't get PT in one of the best guard groups in the entire country doesn't mean he's not a quality player. He's just not as good as our other guys. If Morris and Long weren't here, Ashton would still be.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
It's very possible that they lose at K State when Cooke was suspended. He didn't light the world on fire, but did nothing to hurt us. Thank You and Good Luck in the future Ashton!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Anyone who thought Jordan would remain on the team without a scholarship should be embarrassed. Same for Ernst, if we don't keep on scholarship, he won't stay as a walk on
I think Ernst will probably fit great in a mid major setting. He would have an easier time with the smaller bodies on the low block. I think he could develop well in the proper setting. We unfortunately need help next year.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If I knew something and people attacked me for it I wouldn't care as long as what I knew was fact. I don't get why people leave because people refuse to believe them. If you don't want to believe me, fine.

Granted, I never know anything so this is all theoretical.

I don't believe you.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I think Ernst will probably fit great in a mid major setting. He would have an easier time with the smaller bodies on the low block. I think he could develop well in the proper setting. We unfortunately need help next year.

I agree on needing more help next year, especially if Malou doesn't play, and obviously that would be a huge blow with or without Ernst. I would just hate to see Ernst leave as I could see him develop over time something like Homan did. I think he could help next year and be a Big 12 caliber big man in a couple of years from the little I've seen of him (obviously the coaches see a lot more). He's got a body much like Homan did as a freshman.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I agree on needing more help next year, especially if Malou doesn't play, and obviously that would be a huge blow with or without Ernst. I would just hate to see Ernst leave as I could see him develop over time something like Homan did. I think he could help next year and be a Big 12 caliber big man in a couple of years from the little I've seen of him (obviously the coaches see a lot more). He's got a body much like Homan did as a freshman.

There was a reason we got Ernst when we did. Not saying he couldn't develop into something special but who knows where he would have ended up if we didn't offer him late

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
There was a reason we got Ernst when we did. Not saying he couldn't develop into something special but who knows where he would have ended up if we didn't offer him late

True but I think he was injured part or a lot of his senior year if I remember right. No doubt hurt the interest in him but Fred must have seen something he liked.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
True but I think he was injured part or a lot of his senior year if I remember right. No doubt hurt the interest in him but Fred must have seen something he liked.

TJ/Prohm offered him after Fred was out the door.