Jok Transferring

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
No way a kid from Iowa ends up at Carolina.

Its not even so much Carolina as it is Ol' Roy. Ol' Roy took Collison, Hinrich, Lafrentz, Barnes, and now Paige.
He clearly considers Iowa his personal playground. Man I dislike that guy.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
What does the athletic assc have to say about this? It looks like Horner is building a team from the rest of the metro. If he is attending Valley now I dont understand how that can be legal according to Iowa law.

The parent/guardian must complete an application form that is available in the central office of Iowa school districts. The form is also available via the Department’s web site under Open Enrollment. The completed form must be filed with both the resident and receiving district by March 1 of the year preceding the school year for which open enrollment is desired for students entering grades 1 through 12

The receiving district must take action to approve or deny a request on or before March 1 for timely-filed requests. An open enrollment request filed after March 1 must be acted upon by the receiving district within 30 days of receipt of the application. Iowa Code subsection 282.18(2); 281 IAC rule 17.3(2).

Last edited:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
so because a former hawk is now his coach he is gonna end up at iowa? how'd that work for us with sullivan/barnes?

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
so because a former hawk is now his coach he is gonna end up at iowa? how'd that work for us with sullivan/barnes?

From reading comments about Jok's guardian, he is going to make sure he ends up somewhere with lots of exposure and a chance to go big time and earn some cash.

It will be interesting to see how young Mr. Horner handles the pressure of the WDM Valley boosters.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I was listening to 1700 AM on the drive home tonight (Marty Tirrell was out, so I could tolerate it), and they were talking about Jok. One point they made that I found kind of interesting is that now he has switched to a different AAU team and a different HS program, with both jumps due to conflict with the coach. I'm not suggesting he's a bad kid by any means, but is this a red flag for recruiters? Once is an aberration, twice is coincidence, three times is a trend. What if things don't work out at Valley with Horner?

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I was listening to 1700 AM on the drive home tonight (Marty Tirrell was out, so I could tolerate it), and they were talking about Jok. One point they made that I found kind of interesting is that now he has switched to a different AAU team and a different HS program, with both jumps due to conflict with the coach. I'm not suggesting he's a bad kid by any means, but is this a red flag for recruiters? Once is an aberration, twice is coincidence, three times is a trend. What if things don't work out at Valley with Horner?

Says something about the guardian, IMO.

jamestaylor

Dec 13, 2008
the HIll
did the Nixon kid play varsity last year? I saw Roosie play once but dont recall Nixon playing.

(btw the Mayor was at that game watching Jok)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
did the Nixon kid play varsity last year? I saw Roosie play once but dont recall Nixon playing.

(btw the Mayor was at that game watching Jok)

He's in all the box scores, he's a soph and I know they started three sophs. Listed as a 5-9 PG

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron