Jok Transferring

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
There is currently a bill in the Iowa Senate that would change the transfer rule from sitting out 90 days to 180 days. It passed the senate sub committee, but nothing has been done further.

It is interesting, the only lobbyist against the bill is representing the Iowa Catholic Conference.

High school athletics: State looks at tightening transfer rules | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

http://iowacatholicconference.org/bins/site/templateshttp://iowacatholicconference.org/b...2=pages/ICC+Web+Site/Issues+Priorities/Issues

http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/Co...linfo&Service=Billbook&menu=false&hbill=SF455

That would certainly be a huge deterrent to transferring if that passes. If a kid is good enough to get looks from big time programs, and he is forced to sit out a season in high school and can't showcase his skills that would really hurt him. By college it's pretty obvious who the top players are so missing a year due to transferring isn't as detrimental at that point in the game.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
If he transfers this year he should be good to go by the season. There are at least 45 days left for most schools this year, and at least 50 days of school next year before the first game. If he waits until the end of the year he has to sit 90 days(not sure about the 'school in need of assistance' thing). 90 days is usually a week or 2 after winter break for most schools.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
hey i'm surprised randy peterson even knew who peter jok was. or that he was transferring.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Rumor flying around HN is Horner "gifted" Jok and the Nixon kid Valley jerseys with their names on the back to seal the deal.

Also reporting, that the recruiting pipeline is "opening" up for Valley and many big name kids will be heading there down the road to play for Horner.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Rumor flying around HN is Horner "gifted" Jok and the Nixon kid Valley jerseys with their names on the back to seal the deal.

Also reporting, that the recruiting pipeline is "opening" up for Valley and many big name kids will be heading there down the road to play for Horner.

Someone on Valley's team told me that theres a rumor that Roy Marble's son may be transferring there also.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
I'm not really a huge follower of the high school basketball in Iowa since I've come to college so why exactly is this such bad news for ISU?

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
I'm not really a huge follower of the high school basketball in Iowa since I've come to college so why exactly is this such bad news for ISU?

Former hawk Jeff Horner coaches Valley. And Duke is showing interest in Jok

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008

joan over at squakeye said no truth to the rumor. probably covering for his sqak buddy at valley

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
first bullet point of horner's resume sent for college assistant jobs now reads "successfully recruited top player in iowa by using the 'name on jersey' trick, which worked on me in 2001."

Help Support Us

Become a patron