Jock Jams

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Was watching the second play-in game tonight with my wife and we both immediately noticed the "welcome to my house" song playing as the intro before the tip. It sparked yet another discussion about how embarrassing it is that we still hold on with Jock Jams.

I get it. People want to clap. I'm a season ticket holder and understand the demographics. Still. Please.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
They hardly play it anymore. Right after the last player is announced they immediately switch to a new song. Don’t think it’s really anything to complain about considering it actually works right now.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
If it means anything, my 9 year old daughter has been singing/humming “this is my house” ever since it was played tonight. I don’t know what it has to do with Jock Jams, but it’s obviously working from a marketing standpoint, and now we have to have a talk about whose house this really is. Not looking good for her.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I suppose we should go ahead and get this stupid annual debate over with early in the off season.

What do we do after the music and uniform conversations, though?

We cannot use up our whole barrel of powder early.

It is a long time until August.

• Funny
Reactions: cb1030

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
While I think there are better options, it's never been a big deal to me it's still being played. Most times I'm ok with whatever is played for football and basketball.

However, I have my limits. As a Bengals fan, I've always been ok with "Welcome to the Jungle" as their intro music (The stadium is nicknamed the Jungle after all). When Katy Perry's "Roar" was big a few years ago, they decided that would be the new song. That lasted maybe two games, there was such an uproar (pun intended). Wow, what a stupid marketing decision that was.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
FYI "Welcome to My House" is was released in 2015. It's 2018. Why are they still playing that song?

I have no problem with the way they do our intro's. Not everyone can be happy. It keeps everyone on there feet clapping and it transitions into a different song.