Jethro's wants to open in Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I used to think it wouldn't be good because of Hickory Park. But then I realized, Jethro's likely won't take too much from Hickory Park but rather other Restaurants. Good news is, Ames can absolutely handle it! This is exciting. Glad they're going with the bacon and bacon concept.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
The Bacon Bacon restaurants don't have the best menu item that Jethro's has. Bulldog burger is where it's at. Both Drake and Waukee have it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I heard this as well from someone credible months ago and that the old Cub Foods/Dahls was going to be divided up into 3 businesses and that was the preferred location.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I'd love to see them come east. CR and Eastern Iowa has a staggering lack of BBQ restaurants.

There used to be a good one in CR where the Lindale Home Depot is but some INS workers showed up for lunch one day, to legitimately eat, and the entire kitchen staff went running

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I heard this as well from someone credible months ago and that the old Cub Foods/Dahls was going to be divided up into 3 businesses and that was the preferred location.

hmm, that's not a horrible location I suppose. Plenty of parking. Close to the Sommerset crowd, which is where the money is. Decent location for the lunch crowd. Far enough away from HP, that they won't be breathing down each other's necks.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I wish a restaurant like this would go into old Legends space but won't be them.

that's because it's a terrible location for a restaurant, especially what will likely be a popular one.(like Jethros) Terrible, terrible parking situation.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Maybe people in Ames will finally realize that HP food is not that good. It is just a sit down Culvers anymore.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Hickory Park's sell isn't the highest quality food...there isn't a better "value" in Ames.

This. HP is cheap and has a big menu. that's why people go there. It's not because the food is outstanding.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
There used to be a good one in CR where the Lindale Home Depot is but some INS workers showed up for lunch one day, to legitimately eat, and the entire kitchen staff went running
That was a Target before a Home Depot. And there wasn't that strip mall of food places over there until about 4 years ago. In other words, I have no idea what restaurant you're thinking of, but it wasn't at the Home Depot.