Jeff Jones Recruitment

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
He was down for the UNI game. I hope it didn't leave a bad taste in his mouth about ISU though.

Thankfully, it seems he wants another look at ISU. It's up to you in Hilton tonight guys! below from rivals
Rivals100 running back Jeff Jones from Minneapolis (Minn.) Washburn is officially visiting Iowa State this weekend.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
If he runs a 4.7 fourty we can do better in terms of a RB

If football was track you would have a point. One of the most overrated tests as well as the one with the most misconceptions.

The offer list for Jones shows the number of BCS head coaches who think your comment was ignorant.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Saw a pic of him with a bunch of other commits, I'd say the recruitment is still up in the air.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
The gophers don't seem to be too worried, using the same logic that we do on players like Lazard...that some of the official visits are simply to take in the fun of a big game. Interesting that they only have 35 pages of comments on Jones while we have roughly 1 million on Vaughn...weak sauce there.

All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread - Page 35

Let's steal another from the meadow hogs...

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Well the game certainly wouldn't have hurt the visit. Especially with most of the other visitors already in the fold.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
This was from a Minnesota sports guy:

Jeff Jones, the Washburn running back who won the state’s Mr. Football Award yesterday, wants to visit Iowa State, Michigan State and Missouri before making his college choice. Those trips haven’t been scheduled but Jones took his first official college visit over the weekend to Minnesota, and pronounced it an “honest” look at the Gophers where he heard from players already in the program.

What would Jones decide if he chose a college yesterday? “If I had to commit this afternoon, yeah, it would be the University of Minnesota,” he said on Sunday [Dec 8th].

Isn't he already committed to Minnesota? I know a lot of these guys still visit other campuses but instead of him saying 'I'm still committed to Minnesota but just checking out the other guys', like Lazard, he phrases it that way. Interesting to me.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
This was from a Minnesota sports guy:

[/COLOR]

Isn't he already committed to Minnesota? I know a lot of these guys still visit other campuses but instead of him saying 'I'm still committed to Minnesota but just checking out the other guys', like Lazard, he phrases it that way. Interesting to me.

I think he means if he had to sign his LOI today.