JD Spielman enters transfer portal

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I can't imagine we need a receiver for 2020. We have Tarique Milton (Jr.), Sean Shaw (So.), Joe Scates (So.), Xavier Hutchinson (Jr.), Darien Porter (Fr.), Darren Wilson (Jr.), and Landon Akers (Sr.). Breece Hall, Johnnie Lang and Jirehl Brock are going to catch some passes. Then you have Charlie Kolar and Chase Allen. I know Spielman is pretty good, but I doubt he wants to go somewhere that already has the depth that we have.

That said, we all know that CMC really likes those senior leaders on the team, so who knows. Pettway really helped us out a lot last year.

I know you're setting this one on a tee but you shouldn't compare Spielman to the young guys we have on our roster. They've not proven anything yet. Spielman has thousands of yards of production catching passes from one of the worst QBs in the Big 10. He'd start for us and that's no knock on our talent young guys.

Reactions: heitclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And looks like we will be playing against him. It's TCU and he is said to be immediately eligible.

Guess he wanted to be the #1 receiver for sure (I mean he would be most places). Seems a little bit of an odd choice as TCU Duggan at QB isn't exactly a proven ace slinger yet. Maybe they pitched "Going to build the offense around YOU."

https://www.startribune.com/eden-prairie-s-jd-spielman-transfers-from-nebraska-to-tcu/571824821/

I am sure that Jerry Kill, down at TCU now, did his best to bad mouth and diss the Gophers. He's a bitter old prick of a man.

Last edited:

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I am sure that Jerry Kill, down at TCU now, did his best to bad mouth and diss the Gophers. He's a bitter old prick of a man.

Maybe, but I think Spielman's old man had more influence than Jerry. Trader Rick knows that Kill was dealing with one of the more disfunctional ADs in the country.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
And looks like we will be playing against him. It's TCU and he is said to be immediately eligible.

Guess he wanted to be the #1 receiver for sure (I mean he would be most places). Seems a little bit of an odd choice as TCU Duggan at QB isn't exactly a proven ace slinger yet. Maybe they pitched "Going to build the offense around YOU."

https://www.startribune.com/eden-prairie-s-jd-spielman-transfers-from-nebraska-to-tcu/571824821/

Well that’s a bit inconvenient

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Really good pickup by them. Kill is pretty widely considered a great guy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron