Old Mediocre Has-Been Desperate To Appear Relevant; aka JBo To Return

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If you get a full ride academically and happen to start a tick tock channel that makes millions a year do you have to start paying the school? I don't get the hate for this from so many people.

Reactions: Expert

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I thought he wanted the career scoring record at Iowa, but the NCAA won't let you play after you're on S. S.:):mccaffery:

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
That's an interesting take since he's basing his return to college athletics on the bill passing. He can still be an advocate and/or a lobbyist without returning to iowa next year
Maybe he was trying to get the Hawkeye fanbase to write/call their state senators as a last second push for this bill? In my opinion, Jordan's attitude and the way he's carried himself in the past few years have rubbed people the wrong way. Because of that, people aren't able to focus on the big picture of what's going on right now and instead want to focus on the individual. I don't really care about him as a person or athlete, but I agree with his position and hope he, and other athletes in our state, keep pushing for change.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
So Bohannon officially retired. Off to sell life insurance
...after he meets with the President of the NCAA, Cory Booker, and Biden administration officials.

Some of you dorks are too focused on the Iowa v ISU side of this. I hope some of you dorks realize that Iowa passing NIL would benefit ISU players as well, right? Maybe not this year, but ISU could potentially lose out on recruits if the state of Iowa continues to watch other states pass these bills.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
...after he meets with the President of the NCAA, Cory Booker, and Biden administration officials.

Some of you dorks are too focused on the Iowa v ISU side of this. I hope some of you dorks realize that Iowa passing NIL would benefit ISU players as well, right? Maybe not this year, but ISU could potentially lose out on recruits if the state of Iowa continues to watch other states pass these bills.

Yeah, dorks.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The bill died yesterday. He retired. He in no way is meeting with the Biden administration either lol

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
The bill died yesterday. He retired. He in no way is meeting with the Biden administration either lol
Correct. From what I understand, he is done playing college basketball. I don't think this means he's done fighting for NIL.

I'm completely lost reading this thread. Are people against NIL or just against Jordan Bohannon? If Georges came out and supported a cause that would benefit all student athletes, would you expect Iowa fans to get past their hatred?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Correct. From what I understand, he is done playing college basketball. I don't think this means he's done fighting for NIL.

I'm completely lost reading this thread. Are people against NIL or just against Jordan Bohannon? If Georges came out and supported a cause that would benefit all student athletes, would you expect Iowa fans to get past their hatred?
People are making fun of Bohannon for saying he would come back if they met his deadline that everyone knew wasn't possible. This is making fun of him not the NIL itself

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Fighting the NIL good fight, selling life insurance, and balling out at the Marion Y league

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I am against the NIL. But the fact that JBo threw down an ultimatum to the Iowa Legislature is why we are making fun of him. Once again he thinks he is way more important than he is.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
People are making fun of Bohannon for saying he would come back if they met his deadline that everyone knew wasn't possible. This is making fun of him not the NIL itself
This. It's completely possible to support players retaining their NIL rights AND think Jorbo is a complete and utter ballbag. The world is a big place. There's plenty of room for both viewpoints.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
ope some of you dorks realize that Iowa passing NIL would benefit ISU players as well, right? Maybe not this year, but ISU could potentially lose out on recruits if the state of Iowa continues to watch other states pass these bills.

It's not Iowa vs ISU. A majority of Iowa fans don't want him back and are laughing at him too.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

He can do what he wants, but his statement of tying his playing career to the Iowa NIL bill came off as incredibly selfish. Weapons-grade level of cringe for how he worded it.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Fighting the NIL good fight, selling life insurance, and balling out at the Marion Y league
The Marion Y may have churned out more D1 basketball talent in the last 15 years than any other Y in Iowa. You bite your tongue talking down to the Marion YMCA.

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
He can do what he wants, but his statement of tying his playing career to the Iowa NIL bill came off as incredibly selfish. Weapons-grade level of cringe for how he worded it.
I agree with that. I don't know Jordan personally, so I can't comment on what he's like as a person. My guess though, is that it wasn't intentional. I read it as a call to arms for Hawkeye fans to be active with their senators about NIL. However, I can definitely see how others would take it much more cynically, especially with his history against ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron