James Ferentz quote before ISU game

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
1) His senior year of high school at city high when he was supposedly an amazing player we put an 180 lb kid across from him and embarrassed him on every single play.
2) He made it to state wrestling and got pinned by a kid from Waverly-Shellrock in less than 30 seconds.

He's athletic but without daddy being the coach he wouldn't have sniffed an Iowa scholarship

What High school did you go to? One in the Corridor?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Mcdonough blew him up all game. Great read from the Patriots Scout who was at the game and commented on JM owning him.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Apparently his teammates didnt understand what he meant either because they sure didnt play fired up. That could explain the slow start because they were still pondering what the hell he meant.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Mcdonough blew him up all game. Great read from the Patriots Scout who was at the game and commented on JM owning him.

You mean this quote?

Overview: McDonough destroyed Iowa center James Ferentz for the majority of the night, swatting down balls and disrupting plays in the backfield. He has the ability to be a good rotational lineman at the next level.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
You mean this quote?

Overview: McDonough destroyed Iowa center James Ferentz for the majority of the night, swatting down balls and disrupting plays in the backfield. He has the ability to be a good rotational lineman at the next level.

How does the stadium creating a shade = night? I'll hang up and listen, thanks!

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
What's his major-Communications? Now we have another excuse for them losing, their captains are not emotional enough. Boy, I'd follow him through a brick wall.:twitcy:

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
i'm gonna chuckle when the hawks don't make a bowl game this year

They get one extra non conference game. Don't have to play OSU or Wisconsin. OSU and Penn State can't even go to bowl games not to mention Penn State sucks. They will probably beat UNI and Central mich to start 3-1. Then they will only need 3 wins over over Penn State, Purdue and Indiana or Minny to get to 6 wins.
That would probably put them in a tie for the 6th bowl pick which we all know they will go over purdue, minny or indy.
The big 10 is being saved by that 1 extra non conference game (similiar to how it helped us out) They need to enjoy it while it last......
The 6th bowl for The Big10 is the Texas Bowl
The 7th is the Ticket City.

I would kind of like to see them fall off the wagon though just to see that Mid November game against Purdue with an empty Kinnick Stadium. There could also be a lot of red in the stadium for that Nebraska game if Iowa is at 5 wins.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
That quote pretty much sums up most Hoks attitude. They still assume it is their God given right to be better than ISU. Even after a loss most Hoks would rather tear down their team than give ISU any credit.

Sad thing is they can **** this year and still be 7-5 with their schedule. They will go to a decent bowl due to the fact that OSU and PSU are not eligible.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
Well, there is a reason why Iowa State won that game... and there is also a reason why they lost and will easily make a bowl when ISU has a tough road ahead... Additionally, there is a reason that ISU will probably win the basketball game this year as well. So, yes. There is a reason for everything.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
Can we file this under "Typical Squawk D-bag"? when they say "Iowa is better even when ISU beats them"

Better yet, how about we file it under "Why the hell are we still talking about this?"

CPR used the "hit 'em coming off the bus" line in a speech, but I have yet to see him post AJ and Knott posted up outside the opposing teams bus when they arrive at the Jack. Sometimes talk is just talk and it's simply meant to fire people up, not cause a stirring internet debate. We beat Iowa, now let's move on to bigger fish.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Better yet, how about we file it under "Why the hell are we still talking about this?"

CPR used the "hit 'em coming off the bus" line in a speech, but I have yet to see him post AJ and Knott posted up outside the opposing teams bus when they arrive at the Jack. Sometimes talk is just talk and it's simply meant to fire people up, not cause a stirring internet debate. We beat Iowa, now let's move on to bigger fish.

That is a terrible, terrible comparison.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
That is a terrible, terrible comparison.

The only reason it's a terrible comparison is because one was said by a highly motivational head football coach, and the other by a rolly polley deuchebag living off his father's past success.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I'm sure all of his teammates thought"You're only here cuz Daddy is the coach.Now go find some Section 8 housing to steal some more money away from the government."

No no no no, you got the wrong ******-bag son, I think. This is a different d-bag son. I think its the one that Daddy got out of trouble when he was dumb enough to get public intox and try starting a fight with a cop in the Police departments parking structure. I could be wrong though. Its hard to keep the douchery in that family straight.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
The only reason it's a terrible comparison is because one was said by a highly motivational head football coach, and the other by a rolly polley deuchebag living off his father's past success.

One is a metaphor and one is an arrogant statement holding no truth whatsoever.