Jackson Aims to Build Champion Team

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
I like having a coach that wants to be here... wants to take ISU to a level higher than any other school... 8 year plan! I like that.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Wheew! I was afraid for a while that he was intending on hovering around .500. :jimlad:.

(headlines like that amuse me)

Nice piece though. I love his enthusiasm and confidence. Doesn't dance around the 800lb gorilla in the room (being next door to iowa) and clearly states the need to beat them is a top priority. I like that.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
I'm really pumped up about KJ and hope his aggesiveness carries over to the mat. Looking forward to the news on the assitants.

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
I enjoyed meeting him at the tour stop. I think he will be completely different at matside than Mr. PSU. Hopefully there wont be too big of a loss in retention and he can keep going up.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I like that Jackson isn't afraid to say what he's thinking. I'm really looking forward to the fall, I hope we can make it over for a few meets this year.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I enjoyed meeting him at the tour stop. I think he will be completely different at matside than Mr. PSU. Hopefully there wont be too big of a loss in retention and he can keep going up.
I was afraid we would have lost a lot more recruits and young guys than we have. If they're still sticking around, I'm not sure that many more will leave.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Looks like Bono is all in.

still having a hard time seeing him go from head coach to asst. but maybe he is planning ahead, with title 9 he might think that he would be more secure as an asst at isu then a head coach at utc.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
still having a hard time seeing him go from head coach to asst. but maybe he is planning ahead, with title 9 he might think that he would be more secure as an asst at isu then a head coach at utc.
Really? He proves himself as a suitable and competent Assistant at ISU, then he could very well be in the running for for the HC job here when it opens up again. At UTC, there's always going to be the question of "it's UTC. Is he performing that way because of funding to the program, his own inability, or a mixture of both?" Here, he has the chance to prove that he has an ability to coach the wrestlers that he works with.

Help Support Us

Become a patron