It's time we stop putting up with the disappointment

chicagocyfan

Apr 11, 2006
Chicago
I love this team, coaches, and this university. But, as much as MC realizes his team needs to stop disappointing fans, we need to stop accepting and making excuses for disappointment after disappointment. I'm tired...tired of waiting for our time, tired of waiting to dominate anyone, tired of dreaming of having a smidgen of the success that Iowa has had. It's a dog eat dog world and I'm tired of always wearing milk bone cyclone underwear. Win games you should win! Be in games no matter what! I teach my children about the unforgiving world they must succeed in yet I stand with fans who continue to accept below average. No more. My family is out. My kids are choosing to go elsewhere for college because of the constant disappointment that I can no longer defend. My over decade of season tickets from over 5 hours away will end this season. I just no longer believe. And to those 'see ya later' fans...bite me! Enjoy your seat backs in that empty stadium in 3 years.

Hoping to be revived from this headache!
CCyFan

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
If your kids are choosing to go somewhere else for college, I hope it's not because of the football team. The things I learned at Iowa State reach far beyond the win or loss of a sporting event. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope you're just drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
When was our football program really good? Never. And frankly, I believe it will be a ways to go until we achieve greatness. Frankly, I could see us putting up a donut in the win column this year. Seriously, I didn't think I would be saying this but I am afraid of San Jose State in a couple of weeks...

• Agree
Reactions: Kody and ECIRT.KCAJ

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
When was our football program really good? Never. And frankly, I believe it will be a ways to go until we achieve greatness. Frankly, I could see us putting up a donut in the win column this year. Seriously, I didn't think I would be saying this but I am afraid of San Jose State in a couple of weeks...
In the seventies.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'm laughing that two games in with a brand new coaching staff, yet still the same empty cupboard, that NOW somebody is out, and "something must be done!" As if the GM can trade-away players to other teams for future draft picks.

We got a new coach, but far too late to help bring in talent for THIS year. But you cannot judge his future on two games with the prior coach's recruiting ineptitude after giving the prior coach 72 games and only 8 wins in the last half of that.

So if you're "done" and your kids are making their school choice because YOU "can no longer defend" losses, then this school is better for having lost. Because this school is an amazing school and it needs to continue to educate only those who are amazing. My daughter was accepted to ISU this week. Even the score of this game cannot put a damper on how excited we all are for her to be a Cyclone!

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Disappointment? Hell Yeah - but I still love the Clones. The coach may blow and the team may be inept but it is my team and my god awful coach - they are still Clones. So run and hide - real Clones stay and die by a thousand cuts.

KeyserSoze

Apr 30, 2010
Mad-as-Hell.jpg

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
IMO we did say we weren't going to take this anymore when we answered Pollard's call. If you aren't able to take the loses by now, you're either soft or really young. It's coming.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm