It's just so frustrating. ..

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
....the more things change for the good in and around the football program, the results and the play on the field stay the same...sigh

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If your an Iowa State fan you have to get used to losing games you should win aka KU...UNI...Toledo...do I need to go on.....

NO because I have experienced the ISU football experience Losing that is for 54 years.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
it was a disaster but it was one ******* game. things can be ugly when you bring in a new staff.

Reactions: Doc

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
....the more things change for the good in and around the football program, the results and the play on the field stay the same...sigh

What a bunch of whiny A-holes. Did you honestlay think this staff would come in and make us 9-3 right away? There is a thing called talent that apparently we don't have as of yet. It takes time. The players currently on the roster have endured careers of losing football, and that mentality doesn't change overnight. You also act like we fe the only team that loses to bona fide FCS teams. Ask Mississippi State. Or Washington State.

If this happens in 2018, then it's fair to question what's going on. But good lord, one game in an already people are criticizing time outs, looking at his watch, the wrong words at a press conference. Give the man a break. Do you honestly think Coach Campbell wanted to lose that game? Do you think he doesn't know how to coach? Do you honestly think we have good depth when we are playing true freshman?

I bet most of you haven't done $hit in your life where you e had to pay a huge price for success. You probably finished last in a flag football league but got a participation ribbon anyway, so now you're an expert. You go in and watch the price these guys pay to play for you. I remember Hayden Fry coming to Iowa in the 70's and early in his start he lost games he shouldn't have lost. But eventually he built a winner.

Give Coach Campbell a season or two before you experts jump down his $hit.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm optimistic for the coming years and knew this year could be rough but I am still pissed off from the game last night. Anytime you pay a school to come play you, it is supposed to be an automatic W. Why do we constantly go after the FCS' best to play them? I get that if you are a major school you shouldn't lose to a FCS school period but our players have a losing culture. ISU needs to put the team in the best position to win scheduling wise and scheduling the UNIs and NDSUs of FCS kills our team's confidence when we lose.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm optimistic for the coming years and knew this year could be rough but I am still pissed off from the game last night. Anytime you pay a school to come play you, it is supposed to be an automatic W. Why do we constantly go after the FCS' best to play them? I get that if you are a major school you shouldn't lose to a FCS school period but our players have a losing culture. ISU needs to put the team in the best position to win scheduling wise and scheduling the UNIs and NDSUs of FCS kills our team's confidence when we lose.

Yup, blame Pollard for the ridiculous contract with UNI. We still have two more $500,000 payments to make in 2017 and 2019. In typical Pollard fashion though, there is probably a ten year extension on the way.

• Dislike
Reactions: ExCyment

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Yup, blame Pollard for the ridiculous contract with UNI. We still have two more $500,000 payments to make in 2017 and 2019. In typical Pollard fashion though, there is probably a ten year extension on the way.
Didn't someone post in another thread that JP has contracted with UNI for 7 of the next 10 years?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
You do realize other teams are paying $1+ million for these type of games, right?

Not talking about the money. I just threw that in for good measure. I'm talking about signing a contract with an elite FCS school to play 9 times in 13 years.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Didn't someone post in another thread that JP has contracted with UNI for 7 of the next 10 years?

Dear god help us if the extension was already signed but I'm hoping the poster was talking about the original extension back in 2007.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
What's really frustrating:

2000-2002 - one of the better ISU offenses to take the field were largely wasted because the defense couldn't stop opponents from scoring and games were too often shootouts.

2004-2006 - arguably the best defenses ever to play at ISU were largely wasted because the offense was so bad it couldn't win games for the defense.

Early 2010s - talented individual players leading the OL and defensive front 7 are largely wasted due to abysmal play from the skill-position players and the secondary.

Now - talented individual players playing in skill-positions and secondary are largely wasted due to abysmal play from the OL and defensive front 7.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
What a bunch of whiny A-holes. Did you honestlay think this staff would come in and make us 9-3 right away? There is a thing called talent that apparently we don't have as of yet. It takes time. The players currently on the roster have endured careers of losing football, and that mentality doesn't change overnight. You also act like we fe the only team that loses to bona fide FCS teams. Ask Mississippi State. Or Washington State.

If this happens in 2018, then it's fair to question what's going on. But good lord, one game in an already people are criticizing time outs, looking at his watch, the wrong words at a press conference. Give the man a break. Do you honestly think Coach Campbell wanted to lose that game? Do you think he doesn't know how to coach? Do you honestly think we have good depth when we are playing true freshman?

I bet most of you haven't done $hit in your life where you e had to pay a huge price for success. You probably finished last in a flag football league but got a participation ribbon anyway, so now you're an expert. You go in and watch the price these guys pay to play for you. I remember Hayden Fry coming to Iowa in the 70's and early in his start he lost games he shouldn't have lost. But eventually he built a winner.

I'm inclined to give the 60k fans that still show up to these games year after year after little success or improvement on the filed a lot of leeway here and let them whine a little. I think they are at least owed that after all the support shown. Hell I question my own sanity every year when I renew. But there I was again to witness another clunker against an FCS team. No one is expecting miracles. I think what is expected is bare minimum success like beating the teams you should beat at home.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa

Ummm, I'm not a whiny *******, I have done lots of **** in my life, was a very good football player/athlete, completely disagree with participation ribbons, and have worked very hard to attain success in my profession. I was simply making a post game comment about what I saw last night that looked like the same product I've seen for the past 35 some years and how it frustrates me to consistently not have a winning team. I am totally behind coach Campbell and hope he's the one to make it all change.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Campbell at this point is a victim of the same crap Rhoads was. At some point, Joel Lanning needs to not turn the ball over 4 times. At some point players need to stop holding. At some point our kickers will stop missing extra points and kicking the ball out of bounds on the kick off. Only good thing to take from this is that we can fix these things, theoretically. You can be the greatest coach in the world but if you have guys that aren't executing it doesn't matter. Looked like a Paul Rhoads team too me, and that is entirely on him to this point. Give Campbell 5 games and then let the boos rise you bunch of ignorant Nancies.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm inclined to give the 60k fans that still show up to these games year after year after little success or improvement on the filed a lot of leeway here and let them whine a little. I think they are at least owed that after all the support shown. Hell I question my own sanity every year when I renew. But there I was again to witness another clunker against an FCS team. No one is expecting miracles. I think what is expected is bare minimum success like beating the teams you should beat at home.

Not to mention those of us at home that spent money to, ahem... "TRY" to watch the game on cyclones.tv last night. What a joke that was. Like I said last night, there are many reasons why I don't consistently buy a lengthy subscription. Last night, though, the fact that it didn't work when we needed it to, was the primary reason.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The thing is the good FCS teams are close to Iowa. That is why we play them. If UNI and NDSU wasn't in our back yard we wouldn't be playing them. Yes it sucks to lose to them, but at this point I guess you learn a lot about your team in week one, by playing them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron