"It's good for the state!"

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
was just on facebook and ISU ran a minute and 45 second video of ISU sports in the month of March and the first comment was great game go iowa. what a jerk and that is why I will pull for mulkey tomorrow night.
I had a dumbass on my Facebook feed tonight write a post about how the men's final 4 feels lack luster in comparison to the women's final 4. Feels like it is either due to higher seeds or having the hawk women's team in the championship game. He typed and submitted this post approximately 5 minutes before San Diego States buzzer beater.

He has since deleted the post. ******* Hawkeye fans

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
I get the annoyance you guys that live in Iowa have with this. I grew up in eastern Iowa, it’s awful.

I had never heard of Clark till like a month ago and the only reason I heard of her then was because Chris Williams talked about it on his show. I had no idea Iowa was in the final four till today, and that was because of this thread. I live in Texas, quite literally nobody cares here.

I found out they made the Final because a relative from Minnesota was in Des Moines yesterday and commented on it. I've seen more coverage about Kim Mulkey's clothes than I have of any women's scores or games. I'm sure that it's a huge deal in Iowa, but a new national chicken chain opening is huge news in Des Moines.

Reactions: madguy30

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
You would think she found a cure for cancer the way the media is blabbering about her.
the dm rag today was all about her and the toe wbb so did not have much to read but in the opinion section somebody wrote that she needed a new nickname not the one given to kinneck but one that reflected her name clark like superwoman. puke

Reactions: Cy1980

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
This good for the state line is so tired and not true at all. If it were, wouldn’t Iowa’s run in the 80s and 90s lead to at least one bowl season between 1979-2000? Or flip side, wouldn’t the Iowa men’s team make the second weekend once in the 2000s?

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Iowa being good in any spot makes it harder for us and vice-versa. We're both fighting over a limited fan supply in the state and a very limited number of in-state athletes.

Can anyone imagine Auburn or Alabama fans rooting for the other school? Texas or Texas A&M? Florida or Florida State?
I am a regular on the NCAAW Reddit sub, and I get downvoted into oblivion for rooting against Iowa......and I'm just gonna come out and say it, why does this country treat women's sports as a charity vs competition? I share the same hate for Iowa in football, basketball (men's and women's), soccer, tennis, softball, etc.

Casual fans of women's sports love to hold hands and skip down the sidewalk......not me though, I want Iowa to go 0-31 every single year....it's been said many times in this thread, Iowa winning and being successful doesn't help Iowa State in ANY way

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Without Clark does Iowa make the tourney? Absolutely incredible how different of a level she is. And she does a great job using her teammates.
they make the tourney but they don't make the final four.....she is a generational talent who is single handily winning them games.....and that's a credit to her, again, she's a phenomenal player.....I think Iowa's ceiling without her is a Sweet 16

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'm so glad I have ZERO hok friends or acquaintances. Makes life much more tolerable.
social media is dumb and my IG and twitter feeds are flooded with Iowa wbb stuff, but I live in central MN and no one has a clue that there's a tournament even going on.....I am the only person on our entire campus who completed a men's and women's bracket.....

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Iowa going off at -3. Looks like it's theirs to lose. Surprised Clark didn't sing the Anthem.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Andrew Downs is a ******* loser. I wish that guy would move on to a bigger market, but there’s not one that would ever offer a job to that talentless hack.
Another similar example. Below. I remember when the video below was making the rounds, he was on the radio just LOVING the cockiness of these kids...but now doesn't like it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Another similar example. Below. I remember when the video below was making the rounds, he was on the radio just LOVING the cockiness of these kids...but now doesn't like it.

How she acted in defeat? She lost fair and square, what else was she supposed to do, start a fight?

Reactions: CapnCy