*** ISU vs OU ***

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Who: Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
Where: Hilton Coliseum - Ames, Iowa
When: Tuesday, Feb. 17 at 8 p.m.
Projected Starting Lineup: Brynn Williamson, Kidd Blaskowsky, Seanna Johnson, Nikki Moody and Bryanna Fernstrom
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield
Talent: Rich Fellingham (PxP), Molly Parrott (Color)
TV: FS1
Talent: Ron Thulin (PxP), Brenda VanLengen (Color)

We finally get to see Maddie Manning who Sherri lured from Ankeny. Injuries have prevented her appearance at Hilton. i don't recall if ISU offered her or not. She doesn't start, but averages about 12 min and 4 ppg. We might also see Shaya Kellogg from Ames, but not much as she only plays a couple of minutes a game.
OU plays a little faster game than we've seen lately, averaging 76 and allowing 68 ppg. There is no one big scorer to focus on - Peyton Little, 5'11" g is the top scorer at 12 ppg. This is a team that will not physically dominate us, and we can compete, if we have the heart. I expect Moody and the posts will carry their load - if one more will show up we have a chance. I believe a 3-2 finish gets us in the Dance - this would be a good start. This is one game I'll see - I'll be the one in pink.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Play+4Kay+Email.jpg
    Play+4Kay+Email.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 621

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
This is a MUST WIN in my book. Why? Because 4 of the last 5 teams on schedule have already beaten ISU, including OU. WV being the only team that the clones have beaten and that rematch is at WVU. This team doesn't seem to perform very well on the road. (and not much better at home at times). Thus I say - MUST WIN.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to try and stream Cyclones.TV but not sure if we have the bandwidth to do it. In Playa del Carmen. Great resort but maybe not enough connection to watch tonight.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Going to try and stream Cyclones.TV but not sure if we have the bandwidth to do it. In Playa del Carmen. Great resort but maybe not enough connection to watch tonight.

Don't know where you're at, but if you're in the hotel area south of town, we went to the Starbucks near the RIU resorts and got a good connection. They didn't mind.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Another subplot for tonight, nice little PG recruit in town. She'd be a huge get for next year. Laura Cornelius, International PG from Netherlands.

[video=youtube_share;MLem_eids88]http://youtu.be/MLem_eids88[/video]

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Wow, she looks like she really knows how to put the ball on the floor to drive though and around defenders. That would be a great addition next year to play with Jadda at point. Maybe our string of not-so-great luck with European players will end with this one. Reminds me of Frese, in size and ability.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

You won't be able to see any video from Cyclones.TV tonight, regardless of your connection speed. The game is on FS1.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Like the look of that player! Add in the great class coming in next year that has a top notch guard already in it and depth becomes an asset.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Another subplot for tonight, nice little PG recruit in town. She'd be a huge get for next year. Laura Cornelius, International PG from Netherlands.

Interesting. I'm curious to hear the back story here. Committed to the Zags for the 2014 class, then coaching change and tore ACL, and didn't end up at Gonzaga.

Just saw on twitter she is taking officials to Miami and Iowa St. among other this week.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
This is a MUST WIN in my book. Why? Because 4 of the last 5 teams on schedule have already beaten ISU, including OU. WV being the only team that the clones have beaten and that rematch is at WVU. This team doesn't seem to perform very well on the road. (and not much better at home at times). Thus I say - MUST WIN.

Win over OU would be a big win for resume. They have only lost to Texas (OT), WV, and Baylor.

But, I'd say a tough out because of the homecoming for the Iowa girls.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013

Little Lady looks like a player. Reminds me a little of Dixon and Logic from Iowa. Hope we can land her.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
At the game. OU uniforms all pink colored. ISU wearing those ugly gray uniforms with no pink. Only pink I see is the shoes.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Clones up 41 to 30 at half. First 5 minutes looked like the ladies were going to get crushed as all they did was turnover the ball. The 3 ball started to drop which then opened up the middle for lay ups. Moody made the defender look silly on a couple of blow by lay ups.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

One big difference is that she will see a great ISU crowd at Hilton. Nobody at those European games.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
For a visual just close your eyes and imagine iowa state players running down the court holding up the 3 pointer sign. Also Sherry Cole needs to dye her roots, showing some gray but still would.

Somebody called her a "hot mess" once. I think that fits. She's one of the coaches that Bill actually gets along with.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron