ISU v. DRAKE

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
And for the record, I do believe he is probably our best player. He just needs to find some consistency and use his head. If he won't, he's no good to us.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That game was really disappointing. They did not play like a well coached team.

Practice time is over. We just have to play better at Hilton. This was after all just Drake. Iowa, OSU and Kansas are coming up fast.

EIU fans are laughing on their website right now.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Well, there's really no excuse to losing in Hilton to Drake. We didn't show up ready to play, and by the time we started showing some fire, it was too late.

Anyway, I'm just frustrated with the product I saw on the court today. It's just one game, and we will recover.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The story in our 2 losses: experienced players vs. inexperienced players. Nice to see the guys not quit though.

We have experienced players from juco. We just are not playing as a team. We play crap interior defense. We cannot pass the ball inside. Inexperience should be not mentioned from here on in, I thought we would show greater amounts of desire and anguish on faces. Like our football team, we decided finally to start playing dureing Missouri game in football and today at Hilton on last 10 minutes.

Last edited:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Practice time is over. We just have to play better at Hilton. This was after all just Drake. Iowa, OSU and Kansas are coming up fast.

EIU fans are laughing on their website right now.

What do they have to laugh about right now? Aren't they sitting at .500 right now?

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Agreed. I think Taylor is a great talent, but it's GMac's job to make him into a team basketball player. Not saying it's his fault that we lost, but he can definitely be of even more value to the team if he can control his play.

The sad thing is that we just don't have a great big man who's willing to bang inside and play like a "Big Man". Until that happens, we won't be that good. I would hope there is a way that GMac can coach/train one of his three 6-10+ guys to play like one, but nothing yet. This is disappointing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Bracken's a power forward along with Alex Thompson. So who is going to be the person next year? Are we just going to play without a true center like Homan or Cato, who hangs out an bangs in the inside for the entire game.

McIntosh and Dodie played some pretty good final minutes. Good to see. I think we have seen that all our guards and power forwards are good players. They have each shown their talents and we have seen why there are playing at a BCS conference school. Just seems they still are not quite on the same page yet and are lacking the inside game for them to have the luxury of playing their game. It's got to be hard playing BB without having any inside help to throw in the ball, opening up shots, and then having it tossed back out for good looks.

zdorr40

Apr 3, 2006
Des Moines
Visit site
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Bracken's a power forward along with Alex Thompson. So who is going to be the person next year? Are we just going to play without a true center like Homan or Cato, who hangs out an bangs in the inside for the entire game.

Do we still have a schollie or two we could throw to a JUCO big man? Is there still time or another signing period or are we done for the 2007 class?

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Iowa is laughing, that's interesting. What exactly do they have to laugh about? When it comes right down to it, there is a lot of room for improvement and a lot of time for that improvement to happen. It is barely December, I think we will figure it out and find our peak by the time the Big 12 tourny get here. Also, KU lost and tough road game and a gimmie home game as well. I am thrilled about watching this team for the rest of the year, as should everyone else be.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
And even in that game, I knew he was going to be as much of a curse as a blessing. I remember posting something to that effect. :)

He's out of control, turns the ball over way too often, and takes awful shots at the worst times. Something's got to change and I don't care if it means benching our best player to make it happen.
Is there a reason he cannot learn to not palm the ball? He seems like one hard-headed you-know-what.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron