ISU-UNI Wrestling Thread

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'll let Mitch know that he sucks. Christ, he's a sophomore. The last two guys he wrestled are currently #5 (Metcalf) and #1 (Schlatter).

Last edited:

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Brad Penrith = John Leguizamo

20853.jpeg

254547.jpg
They do look alike, but it was someone else I had in mind. Who was the guy that played Grace's husband on Will&Grace (turns in mancard) :sad:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
A red-shirt sophomore who started last year and earned 4 points at nationals last May. He has been through the fire and should know what it takes.

K. Didn't realize he had to be the best wrestler in the nation at this point.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
A red-shirt sophomore who started last year and earned 4 points at nationals last May. He has been through the fire and should know what it takes.

He probably wants to know how a 1-2 record at nationals got us 4 points as well. He went 18-16 last year and is 9-3 this year. I'd say he's improving with losses to #1, #5 and #14.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
He probably wants to know how a 1-2 record at nationals got us 4 points as well. He went 18-16 last year and is 9-3 this year. I'd say he's improving with losses to #1, #5 and #14.

Alright, 2 points at nationals. He still can show some effort against Iowa. I don't care if he losses. It's when you lose and look like you don't care, that bothers me.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I'll let Mitch know that he sucks. Christ, he's a sophomore. The last two guys he wrestled are currently #5 (Metcalf) and #1 (Schlatter).

I never said, nor do I think, that Mueller "sucks" in any fashion of the word. I've seen what he's capable of, and that's why his last two performances have been disappointing. I've seen him be aggressive against tough opponents, I've seen him create an offense, I've seen him wreslte hard and get the win just because he fought hard. I didn't see that wrestler at the Iowa meet. That's why his performance has been frustrating to watch. We've seen him wrestle hard, and when he doesn't do that, it's easy to see because it's been there before.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Of course, he didn't wrestle today, so he very well could be hurt, too.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Mueller got in deep on a few shots against both Schlatter and Metcalf. Both of those guys will be high AA and Schlatter will probably win it all. He couldn't finish and that may have to do with moving a weight class up and also the fact that Schlatter and Metcalf are excellent wrestlers and very strong. Mitch got tired in the Iowa meet due to Metcalf's relentless style. He needs to get better but if you expected anything different out of those two matches, you are underestimating just how dominant Metcalf and Schlatter are.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006

The 149 pounders should get double points for earning AA status at this year's national meet. That weight class is loaded.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron