ISU Student and Champion Golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena Murdered at Coldwater Golf Course

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
giphy.gif

Some people want to politicize everything. It happens heavy on both sides, although each side says the other does it way worse than the other side.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
FWIW, I'll still golf Coldwater. Luckily for them this happened towards the end of the golf season and by next spring will be mostly forgotten.

The clerk at the Lincoln Way Casey's was murdered when I was in school. Casey's initially lost some business but it came back. I'm guessing this will be a similar story.
I would have no problem golfing there now but I'm going to have trouble letting my daughter go anywhere by herself for a long time.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
FWIW, I'll still golf Coldwater. Luckily for them this happened towards the end of the golf season and by next spring will be mostly forgotten.

The clerk at the Lincoln Way Casey's was murdered when I was in school. Casey's initially lost some business but it came back. I'm guessing this will be a similar story.

I don't think Celia would want those of us that golf to quit golfing. We have a famous alum who experienced similar trauma, and he faced it the way you should I think...

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/Dan-Gable/the-losses-dan-gable

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I saw a brief comment yesterday that stated Celia's family had commented something along the lines of "given the opportunity to do it all over again she would". Can anybody link where this came from?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

Big difference between grabbing a fountain drink vs dedicating 4 years of your life to a school and sport and then playing that sport where one of your close teammates died violently. I think eventually they will get past it, but right now, I don't blame them a bit for not wanting to be anywhere near Coldwater.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
What happened to Veenker? Isn't that part of the college and why would they not practice there?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I would have no problem golfing there now but I'm going to have trouble letting my daughter go anywhere by herself for a long time.
Keep in mind you have a significantly higher statistical chance of being in a fatal car accident than something like this happening.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
This year had to be a bit different because Harvester was closed all summer for renovations. They are turning into a private club.