ISU gets a vote in the Harris Poll

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Umm, not on the poll. It was Mike Walden and Jim Dombrowski listed back to back to look like "Walden, Jim". Not Jim Walden.

Fail.

The great Mike Walden, Harris poll voter according to Al_4_State:

IM000829_0031_031.jpg

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Umm.. how? I just read your post, which made it clear it was not Jim Walden. Fail to those who kept thinking that was Jim Walden.

EDIT: Where did you find that list? Every list I've found actually has Walden (as well as Earle Bruce) on it, but apparently is from last year.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Umm.. how? I just read your post, which made it clear it was not Jim Walden. Fail to those who kept thinking that was Jim Walden.

EDIT: Where did you find that list? Every list I've found actually has Walden (as well as Earle Bruce) on it, but apparently is from last year.

You do realize that an appropriate way of listing people's names is "[last name], [first name]," which allows the convenience of browsing alphabetically by last name? (here's an example - Football - Roster - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports )

Did you think the first guy on the list was really just a guy without a first name, or that the last guy on the list was just a guy named John?

The 2009 list can be found here - http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/Harris_Interactive_News_BCS_2009_09_23.pdf

Good work.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You do realize that an appropriate way of listing people's names is "[last name], [first name]," which allows the convenience of browsing alphabetically by last name? (here's an example - Football - Roster - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports )

Did you think the first guy on the list was really just a guy without a first name, or that the last guy on the list was just a guy named John?

The 2009 list can be found here - http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/newsletters/bcsnews/Harris_Interactive_News_BCS_2009_09_23.pdf

Good work.

Ixnay on the ondescencioncay, Chet. Looking at your list made it appear the other way around. Yes I'm aware that Doe, John is a normal way to list a name. However, in a list of names Ben Doe, John Walters, John Allen, William makes it look like the guys names are Ben Doe, John Walters, John Allen, instead of John Doe, John Walters, and William Allen. I apologize for not starting at the top of your list and viewing every name to see the odd formatting style, and bow to your clearly superior intellect.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
Ixnay on the ondescencioncay, Chet. Looking at your list made it appear the other way around. Yes I'm aware that Doe, John is a normal way to list a name. However, in a list of names Ben Doe, John Walters, John Allen, William makes it look like the guys names are Ben Doe, John Walters, John Allen, instead of John Doe, John Walters, and William Allen. I apologize for not starting at the top of your list and viewing every name to see the odd formatting style, and bow to your clearly superior intellect.
Be sure of yourself before you call someone out.