ISU Football Intro Music?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Watch this video and see if you notice something.

YouTube - Arizona State Sun Devil Entrance Video:smile:

If that is really their entrance, ours kicks its ***. I for one LOVE the Saliva song and video. They need to mess with the timing a little to get everything flowing right, but I'll be disappointed if that video isn't kept around. Honestly, the main problem is the fight song. Where does the recorded music stop and the fight song start? I'd be OK with just Saliva and no fight song or Saliva and another song right after. The only problem I see with the Saliva song is that it isn't conducive to getting the crowd clapping...everyone is paying attention to the scoreboard. There has to be plenty of examples of successful entrances that our gameday event people can look at to get recorded music and the fight song together.

As for Sweet Caroline. I am 100% for it. I don't buy that the players need music to pump them up by the 4th quarter. Just watch the student section one time during that song to see its worth. They're having a blast. Sometimes we need to remember that we are going to games to have FUN. I've been to games in the last few years where watching the students during Sweet Caroline was honestly the highlight of the second half. Seeing people actually ENJOY themselves during some of those games was a needed bright spot.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
If that is really their entrance, ours kicks its ***. I for one LOVE the Saliva song and video. They need to mess with the timing a little to get everything flowing right, but I'll be disappointed if that video isn't kept around. Honestly, the main problem is the fight song. Where does the recorded music stop and the fight song start? I'd be OK with just Saliva and no fight song or Saliva and another song right after. The only problem I see with the Saliva song is that it isn't conducive to getting the crowd clapping...everyone is paying attention to the scoreboard. There has to be plenty of examples of successful entrances that our gameday event people can look at to get recorded music and the fight song together.

As for Sweet Caroline. I am 100% for it. I don't buy that the players need music to pump them up by the 4th quarter. Just watch the student section one time during that song to see its worth. They're having a blast. Sometimes we need to remember that we are going to games to have FUN. I've been to games in the last few years where watching the students during Sweet Caroline was honestly the highlight of the second half. Seeing people actually ENJOY themselves during some of those games was a needed bright spot.

I don't know how it works in Ames, but maybe the band could/should take it's cue from the PA guy. At Kinnick, as soon as the PA guy starts to say "here come the Hawkeyes!" the band starts the fight song. It's actually pretty seamless.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don't know how it works in Ames, but maybe the band could/should take it's cue from the PA guy. At Kinnick, as soon as the PA guy starts to say "here come the Hawkeyes!" the band starts the fight song. It's actually pretty seamless.

Good point. It really shouldn't be that difficult.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
How bout Slipknot.... Pulse of the Maggots it's even got the siren

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnzjYmofLI]YouTube - Slipknot - Pulse Of The Maggots[/ame]

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

The problem isn't with the band knowing when to start, but with the guy running the PA system knowing when to stop the recorded music. The answer should be "when the team runs onto the field."

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
im sure people can tell the difference of a siren going off when its a clear sky, even just a little overcast i think if somebody is at a game and its perfectly sunny out or just even a little cloudy they know its not a real tornado were the cyclones, we need a siren or something itd be so sweet and itd get the crowd going

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
im sure people can tell the difference of a siren going off when its a clear sky, even just a little overcast i think if somebody is at a game and its perfectly sunny out or just even a little cloudy they know its not a real tornado were the cyclones, we need a siren or something itd be so sweet and itd get the crowd going

I will go out on a limb and say that 95% of the people on this board agree we should have a siren. The problem being, I'd be willing to bet, 0% of the people who feel that way have the power to make it happen. It lies in the hands of the city of Ames and of course Pollard's persuasion techniques.

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
I will go out on a limb and say that 95% of the people on this board agree we should have a siren. The problem being, I'd be willing to bet, 0% of the people who feel that way have the power to make it happen. It lies in the hands of the city of Ames and of course Pollard's persuasion techniques.

finally someone said it. and to answer your previous question, i'm fairly certain marketing has a say in the music. i know GC nixed a few of the songs Mac had in previous years.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

I think if it was publicized in advance, it *might* be okay.

Ames had a tornado siren test at 10:00 this morning, but I didn't freak out because:
(1) I knew it was coming (10am, first Wednesday of each month)
(2) There were no storms in the area

The big problem is that people that DON'T want it will point to Colorado 2005, which is the ONLY time in Iowa State football history that an event like that happened, on a gameday, that close to kickoff.