ISU Coaching Poll

Who would be the best person to be ISU’s HC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Turgeon would be a very solid hire as he has previous success in the Big 12. He could be appealing to Pollard if Maryland is willing to waive the buyout.

He certainly has more than enough of what many on this site covet....P6 assistance experience...even some NBA assistant experience. And certainly more than enough P6 bench time as a head coach. Knows this conference front to back. Would be worth the call if he is willing to listen.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
My sources tell me that Mark Turgeon will be named the new coach as soon as the Big 12 tournament is over. Sorry Jamie, I know you told me to keep it a secret, but I couldn’t help myself.

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
He certainly has more than enough of what many on this site covet....P6 assistance experience...even some NBA assistant experience. And certainly more than enough P6 bench time as a head coach. Knows this conference front to back. Would be worth the call if he is willing to listen.
plus his buyout looks to be only $350,000.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
What would people think of Turgeon?

He was one of my favorites back when McD left and before Fred took over. Solid coach who has hit a rough spot at a place with high expectations.

I think he's certainly worth a serious look, but I wonder if he might be past his prime.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
The only person slimier than Calipari might be Rick P. The thought of RP coaching ISU makes me throw up in my mouth. Even if he would win a NC it would always be tainted in my mind so much that I would rather not have won one if it involves him at the helm.
Come on now. We all would take that NC with Rick Pitino. We would have to shower in the morning to get the filth off of us. But we all would take the National Championship and be drunk on Busch Lattes

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Come on now. We all would take that NC with Rick Pitino. We would have to shower in the morning to get the filth off of us. But we all would take the National Championship and be drunk on Busch Lattes

And theirs no guarantee we’d get that title. More likely than not, we’d be a decent team that gets the death penalty.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Would we have any interest in Archie Miller? IU may be looking to get rid of him. He had a lot of success at Dayton. He has been ok at IU. Guy seems like he can recruit. Not a home run hire in my opinion, but he may be better than other guys on the list.

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
What about Jeff Hornacek? I have not seen his name mentioned at all, unless I missed it. In that case, my bad.

An NBA coach with ISU ties. Wasn't he mentioned back in 2015 when Fred left? At that time I think he may have been the head coach of the Suns or Knicks. he wasn't leaving for a college job, but now he's an assistant with the Rockets.

Edit: Oh, and I would hope Abby would be an assistant coach. No doubt she could recruit some of those McDonald's AA. ;)

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
And yet if you take the opinions on a lot of the posters on here, he worked for 2 unsuccessful coaches and one successful coach here. Hopefully he learned the right things.

Who would be worse?

No one will be more supportive of TJ than me when he is named the head coach, but the way his supporters act is a real turn off.

You’re selling Lorenzo Romar way short

Help Support Us

Become a patron