ISU Bars in CB/Omaha

nb06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2007
My parents are unable to make the ISU vs Iowa game this friday but want to go out somewhere in Council Bluffs or Omaha to watch it. What are some Pro-Cyclone options in that area to have dinner and watch the game??

Thanks in Advance!!

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
My parents are unable to make the ISU vs Iowa game this friday but want to go out somewhere in Council Bluffs or Omaha to watch it. What are some Pro-Cyclone options in that area to have dinner and watch the game??

Thanks in Advance!!

Fox & Hound at 120th and Dodge used to be a game watch location when I lived there a few years ago. Typical Pub/Grill type food/drink.

Not sure if still a game watch spot or not.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Fox & Hound at 120th and Dodge used to be a game watch location when I lived there a few years ago. Typical Pub/Grill type food/drink.

Not sure if still a game watch spot or not.

It's still the game watch location. Haven't seen an email about the Iowa game yet.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
DJs Dugout is popular as well. The VERY best place would be Sempecks in Elkhorn. They have 6 huge projectors in the bar area.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Come to my house. Terrible/no food, limited drink specials, but if you wanna be around some die-hard cyclones, and don't mind some excessive cheering and swearing, then this is the place for you.

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
DJs Dugout is popular as well. The VERY best place would be Sempecks in Elkhorn. They have 6 huge projectors in the bar area.

Which DJ's? I happened to be in the one downtown the night Iowa played Xavier. It was an I-Club deal. The place was almost 100% Hawk. I don't think I'd recommend it for an Iowa/ISU game, but yet again, it could be an interesting place to be Friday night.:rolleyes:

dbrulet

Oct 11, 2013
Omaha
I've done one game at Fox and Hound this year mbb this year, one last year and one for FB and won't be going back for a fourth try. Staff was rude and played an 80s playlist instead of the game sound and could not have cared less for our business. I started going to Tanner's out on 144th for a couple fb games and that is where we will be this Friday. Fun place with good wings and they seem to cater to the ISU fans!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Which DJ's? I happened to be in the one downtown the night Iowa played Xavier. It was an I-Club deal. The place was almost 100% Hawk. I don't think I'd recommend it for an Iowa/ISU game, but yet again, it could be an interesting place to be Friday night.:rolleyes:
DJs downtown is their biggest bar.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Come to my house. Terrible/no food, limited drink specials, but if you wanna be around some die-hard cyclones, and don't mind some excessive cheering and swearing, then this is the place for you.

Do you do espnu or first row?:rolleyes:

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I've done one game at Fox and Hound this year mbb this year, one last year and one for FB and won't be going back for a fourth try. Staff was rude and played an 80s playlist instead of the game sound and could not have cared less for our business. I started going to Tanner's out on 144th for a couple fb games and that is where we will be this Friday. Fun place with good wings and they seem to cater to the ISU fans!

Tanners at 156th and Maple? I used to go to that place a lot. Was a good time and knew most of the wait staff. Good Ole' Tommie Frazier would lug his rear into the place during the middle of his time as Head Coach at Doane College (in Crete). I have no idea why he'd be around Omaha during the week instead of in Lincoln at least, but guess that's why he had a 3-17 record there. LOL

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

Tanner's has some real ******* for waitresses. I guess I can't attest to their job skills, I'm sure they're great, but don't get in a relationship with one of them. They seem real nice at first, and lead you on, then all of the sudden they walk out, with no real good explanation.

PS. I got no ill will or anything....haha

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Do you do espnu or first row?:rolleyes:

ESPNU of course. Gotta have that premium sports package. Don't do none of that illegal streaming BS in my establishment. Illegal drinking maybe.....

Last edited:

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
Bump. New to Omaha and I’m wondering where the Iowa State bars are at here.
Not a direct answer, but...
Game watch tomorrow at DJs Dugout at 10th and Capitol. Also at Casual Pint...google the address. It's around 87th and Pacific.

• Informative
Reactions: SECyclone

RVD4

Dec 26, 2011
If you like craft beer, Lumen Brewery on S 13th st is fantastic ! Not a lot of food options but the ISU game will be on always.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Lumen Brewery is owned by ISU graduate named Dan. He is a good friend of Blums. His product is excellent and he always has the ISU game on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron