ISU 17th in AP poll.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
I'll take Ejim and not think twice about it. Ejim had a poor game last season because he fouled out and only played 13 minutes against Iowa. Hell... If Percy Gibson matched up with White and had 14 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks last year in 24 minutes then that speaks volumes. Percy Gibson has played 22 minutes so far this season with 4 total points and that includes not even seeing the floor against Michigan or BYU. Percy Gibson most likely won't see a minute of playing time against Iowa.

Actually, I think this will be a game that Percy plays in. First Iowa's very tall, but not super athletic (despite what they try to tell you). Percy will need to play against them, because we will need his big body in this one.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Actually, I think this will be a game that Percy plays in. First Iowa's very tall, but not super athletic (despite what they try to tell you). Percy will need to play against them, because we will need his big body in this one.

Why would you still think this when he couldn't see the floor against BYU despite foul trouble, Mika playing well, and Percy having the experience advantage over Edozie?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Iowa is either going to have to play small or zone against us to match up. Woodbury/Olaseni aren't guys that are going to guard Niang on the perimeter.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Why would you still think this when he couldn't see the floor against BYU despite foul trouble, Mika playing well, and Percy having the experience advantage over Edozie?

Because as tall as they were, they were also more athletic. BYU has shotblockers amongst their bigs, and Percy is not going to get up enough to not get killed there.

woody can't jump, and olesani needed to improve his positioning defense, and footwork a great deal. They are guys that Percy can take advantage of, if he has not completely lost his confidence at this point.

He may not play, but this is a game that I could see him getting 5-7 minutes per half to help matchup down low.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
If you want to join in on a 9 page thread then I'm OK with that...considering we're on page 4 I'd prefer you stay out of it

It was page 9 on my browser. I should say post #126 then.

BTW is there ever going to be a time that you don't feel obligated to stalk me?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone else feel like we are watching a really bad CW High School Drama?

It would be nice if we could have a season-long poll watch thread without this garbage, but even if someone started it, it would get overrun by this crap the minute someone made an Iowa-related observation.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Well, Stoogy, it is like this. In state white guys apparently have a higher ceiling than other state guys. When you are national runner ups, you have the confidence to put out a better product the next year. :jimlad::policeman::elvis:

I see the jimlad, but even so... I'm a little offended every time I see the comments about white guys on the team. It always seems to be associated negatively as if a team with white guys is a team full of ****** players.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Because as tall as they were, they were also more athletic. BYU has shotblockers amongst their bigs, and Percy is not going to get up enough to not get killed there.

woody can't jump, and olesani needed to improve his positioning defense, and footwork a great deal. They are guys that Percy can take advantage of, if he has not completely lost his confidence at this point.

He may not play, but this is a game that I could see him getting 5-7 minutes per half to help matchup down low.

Fred isn't interesting in matching up with them. He is interested in making them match up with his best players. Did you see the game at Phog Allen last year? History suggests that Fred will go away from playing his best players only as need (foul trouble, injury, needing a breather) requires.