ISU’s top three highly touted busts of all-time.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Most that I recall were in the Wayne Morgan era...

Ross Marsden
Mike Evanovich
Aaron Agnew
Robert Faulkner

Morgan was so desperate for a big and reached on so many. Thank God for the farm kid from Remsen.

Prohm stacked them up as well...

Jakolby Long
Terrence Lewis
Zion Griffin

Almost forgot about Jokolby Long! Highly rated out of the state of Oklahoma. Virtually did nothing at ISU, and struggled to see the court at Southern Utah. Bounced around a lot in college.

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
1. Mark Baugh- He was academically ineligible and left school the same year Sam Mack left. Losing those two players tanked the next 2 seasons.
Most Frustrating player

Elmer Robinson- one game he was amazing looked like he would be the next Stevens or Grayer. Then other times he looked lost and disinterested. Johnny would yell at him so bad sometimes you could hear it in the balcony

Reactions: drlove and NWICY

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
1 Jerome Harper (Mcdonalds All-American) 5* never played but sat out a year I think
2. Ivan Chiriaev (Biggest Fraud from a rankings perspective i've ever seen) unbelievable the scouting services never actually saw him play and giving him a 5* ranking
2. Xavier Foster
3. Chris Colvin
4. Terrance Lewis
5. Zion Griffin
My recollection was that the recruiting class that Griffin was in was considered one of the all time best as far as rankings at ISU. TNT or whatever his initials were, left early and ended up starting for the Lakers. Who were the other two? Griffin was in over his head and disappeared. Don't know where he would rank but he would be in the running for highest ranked bust.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
1400524538000-GreekGod.JPG

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The JC gunner from Nebraska about 10 years ago . . . what the hell was his name . . . . .
Also, wasn't Jordan Railey supposed to be pretty good but never did much.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
1. Mark Baugh- He was academically ineligible and left school the same year Sam Mack left. Losing those two players tanked the next 2 seasons.
Most Frustrating player

Elmer Robinson- one game he was amazing looked like he would be the next Stevens or Grayer. Then other times he looked lost and disinterested. Johnny would yell at him so bad sometimes you could hear it in the balcony
God Damn it Elmer! was a very common phrase heard back then

Reactions: DrClone and ScottyP

NWtornado

Dec 20, 2021
Most that I recall were in the Wayne Morgan era...

Ross Marsden
Mike Evanovich
Aaron Agnew
Robert Faulkner

Morgan was so desperate for a big and reached on so many. Thank God for the farm kid from Remsen.

Prohm stacked them up as well...

Jakolby Long
Terrence Lewis
Zion Griffin
The farm kid from Remsen, that was Jerod Homan, right?

He was a Eustachy recruit. Don’t remember if he played for Morgan

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
My recollection was that the recruiting class that Griffin was in was considered one of the all time best as far as rankings at ISU. TNT or whatever his initials were, left early and ended up starting for the Lakers. Who were the other two? Griffin was in over his head and disappeared. Don't know where he would rank but he would be in the running for highest ranked bust.
Tyrese Haliburton and George Conditt - nice class, had it stayed intact

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Need some more criteria. but if I add my own criteria of highly ranked and signed with ISU. Yeah, the ones I can think of have been named.

Harper, Ivan.

Yes, I remember that class with Zion. That was Prohms big class, I honestly thought that'd turn things around but it just didn't. I remember some marketing photo put out by the program showing all 4 of the signees.