Is there any reports on how kickers are doing in camp?

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Will there ever be a day when Iowa State fans don't do this every time a field goal is attempted?

giphy.gif
Yeah when you go to therapy!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It will take more than 1 decent year for me to not hide during FGs.
That’s your problem. Most people relaxed with Mevis there after a game or two, for the rest of the year.

Doesn’t mean they won’t clench up until they see what the new guy can do, but that was still a bunch of games breathing easy.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Weird how he never mentions Bittman in that interview. I thought he was supposed to have a strong leg.
Agree. I took it to mean that either Birman has been dinged up…or one name slipped CMC’s mind when he was mentioning six or seven other guys.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Agree. I took it to mean that either Birman has been dinged up…or one name slipped CMC’s mind when he was mentioning six or seven other guys.
Well it sounds better than when I was in school and Earl Bruce put out a call for someone on campus to come and try out after the starter got hurt and the backup could only get the kickoffs to the 20-25, and that was when you could kickoff from the 40.

Reactions: Aclone

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
This leads me to believe Jace Gilbert may be the guy .https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/2022/08/08/who-replaces-iowa-state-kicker-andrew-mevis-unicorn-sorts-mevis-campbell-big-12-cyclones-bonamego/10200581002/

I guess my copy and paste knowledge leaves something to be desired but if you can get this link to come up make sure you do on an empty stomach. I think we need to scour the JC and transfer portal tonight and see if we can get another Mevis.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

I guess my copy and paste knowledge leaves something to be desired but if you can get this link to come up make sure you do on an empty stomach. I think we need to scour the JC and transfer portal tonight and see if we can get another Mevis.
Should have panned out

Ranked as the No. 18 kicker and No. 13 punter nationally by Kohl’s Kicking