Is Lewis injured because

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
It's obvious the Lewis thing has nothing to do with in-game performance, from him or others. So can we stop acting like Prohm can't see his abilities. There's enough other things to bash him about.

It's just a wait and see thing at this point. Whether it's more consistent playing time, or something comes out at the end of the season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is where I think he went wrong with Cam, too. Hopefully Steve has/had explicitly spelled out to these individuals what they have done wrong, how long they will be out, and what they can do to help the team and increase their playing time. This vague I need to get him ready for life after basketball and quasi suspensions just cause players to check out.
He is, in a round a bout way, failing at getting Terrence ready for life after basketball by not playing him. Not sure what Terrence's aspirations are, but most kids who put on the uniform want to have some kind of pro career in their sport of choice. Maybe he's helping him find a new landing spot for next year aka knows he's looking to leave. That would be the only really legitimate excuse at this point

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
It's obvious the Lewis thing has nothing to do with in-game performance, from him or others. So can we stop acting like Prohm can't see his abilities. There's enough other things to bash him about.

It's just a wait and see thing at this point. Whether it's more consistent playing time, or something comes out at the end of the season.

Prohm has always been tight lipped about all this stuff. I’m sure we’ll never know with this one. No charges or wellness centers like Lard to go on.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I feel like this is Coach Carter version 2.0 reading these comments but I still might be on the side of the angry townspeople.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Explains everything. Thanks for digging this up. Prohm is a good person. He is a basketball coach first. Anything else he's trying to do, life coach etc., should come second. There are other people paid to do those things. He is paid to win ball games.
This is basically the exact opposite of what any great coach would do. I get the frustration with Prohm, but we have no idea what the situation is.

If it comes out that he just slacks once in awhile in practice, then yes, Prohm is dumb for holding him out. But we don't know the situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Read above. It has nothing to do with his defense.

Actually it was stated in the past that the reason he wasn't playing as much was because he wasn't quite understanding the defense. Either way it is pathetic he isn't playing.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Actually it was stated in the past that the reason he wasn't playing as much was because he wasn't quite understanding the defense. Either way it is pathetic he isn't playing.
I think that was quite a while ago, mostly last season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Upon rereading, my best interpretation is that he's planning on transferring, and he's already told Prohm. The quote from prohm about helping to set Terrence up for when he's outside those doors is pretty telling, or at least as telling as coaches get

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I think that was quite a while ago, mostly last season.

Correct on it being last year. Either way the world we are in a coach is measured by wins and losses, and not building character or whatever Prohm is trying to convey with these vague answers. I just hope he figures it out before his time runs out.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014

In Prohm’s defense, that’s somewhat true and a good way to not drag Lewis’ name through the mud for off court issues.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is basically the exact opposite of what any great coach would do. I get the frustration with Prohm, but we have no idea what the situation is.

If it comes out that he just slacks once in awhile in practice, then yes, Prohm is dumb for holding him out. But we don't know the situation.
The question is do we keep just trusting this stuff

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
He is, in a round a bout way, failing at getting Terrence ready for life after basketball by not playing him. Not sure what Terrence's aspirations are, but most kids who put on the uniform want to have some kind of pro career in their sport of choice. Maybe he's helping him find a new landing spot for next year aka knows he's looking to leave. That would be the only really legitimate excuse at this point

Meh, very few people get to jump to the next level to play professionally.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Lewis definitely needs to get more minutes. Honestly I would like to see a starting lineup of Conditt, Young, Griffin, Bolton and Haliburton and have Lewis as the 6th man/energy guy off the bench. Jacobson and Nixon should be taken out of the starting lineup. I do like the energy that Young brings off the bench, but he should probably be starting over Jacobson.

Grill and Nixon should each have their minutes cut in half. And maybe Jackson as well. None of them have played well this year.

Reactions: FunCyd

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Why does Prohm always have a major issue with one of our guys every season. McKay, Lard, Wigginton, and now Lewis. Not that he's wrong in all those cases, but jesus, it's not a great look when there's always someone in the dog house.
He probably has just a higher behavioral standard. (Not that it's right or wrong)

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is where I think he went wrong with Cam, too. Hopefully Steve has/had explicitly spelled out to these individuals what they have done wrong, how long they will be out, and what they can do to help the team and increase their playing time. This vague I need to get him ready for life after basketball and quasi suspensions just cause players to check out.
Cam i have to imagine knew all these things, you don't get in the doghouse 3 plus times without knowing.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He is, in a round a bout way, failing at getting Terrence ready for life after basketball by not playing him.

I'm not sure I can disagree more. If he's not doing the right things off the court and doesn't deserve to play I don't think the life lesson to teach him is just play him anyways. Prohm is trying to make him a successful person at this point not a professional basketball player

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Why are people acting like Lewis is good? He honestly hasn't done anything to warrant being a guy that gets a lot of minutes. Lewis is not strong enough, can't play defense, and Prohm has said before, and even Lewis has said this, that Lewis has a pretty lousy attitude that needs to be worked on. This shouldn't be a news flash, but Lewis isn't going to do anything this season, and even if he stays here, I doubt he sees much playing time next next season. He was a four star recruit and I thought he was going to be better than Wigginton, but he's been a huge letdown.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Why are people acting like Lewis is good? He honestly hasn't done anything to warrant being a guy that gets a lot of minutes. Lewis is not strong enough, can't play defense, and Prohm has said before, and even Lewis has said this, that Lewis has a pretty lousy attitude that needs to be worked on. This shouldn't be a news flash, but Lewis isn't going to do anything this season, and even if he stays here, I doubt he sees much playing time next next season. He was a four star recruit and I thought he was going to be better than Wigginton, but he's been a huge letdown.
I think he's better than Grill, Griffin and Jackson, maybe Nixon too. Nixon is shooting 32.8% from the floor and 22.4% from three. That is impossibly bad.