is campbell just a money ball hire?

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
you know the part at the beginning - good chin, nice shoulders, good looking girlfriend, etc...

I've seen too many of these outward appearing individuals that advertise the right stuff and are truly full of crap - I'm sure most have read the righteous quotes he post in his locker room, now he is playing us against Mizzo. What's that say about his true self and slogans?

I'd kill for a Harbaugh type guy that would be honest and tell you to go ****yourself, I'm doing it my way, we will win 7 or 8 games 3 years in a row and then I'm probably off to my next challenge.

Kind of what Holberg did but in more diplomatic way.

at the end of the day, I just hope for a coach that knows the victory formation and what down it is in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spam

May 21, 2008
By asking him not to to discuss our offer to him with others, we were also playing him.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
I still think if this doesn't work out, Bo Pelini would listen. The sad thing is that Jamie Pollard wouldn't give him an interview.

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
maybe fleck would just hit jamie with a GA that would break out his DJ set up like that dtv commercial or fritz would hit 'em with some good country crap music on is guitar?

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
]now he is playing us against Mizzo. What's that say about his true self and slogans?

Yeah... heavne forbid he tries to get as much money as possible by getting competing offers. I bet your'e the kind of guy who pays sticker price for cars... wouldn't want to get 2 dealers competing against eachother.

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
you know the part at the beginning - good chin, nice shoulders, good looking girlfriend, etc...

I've seen too many of these outward appearing individuals that advertise the right stuff and are truly full of crap - I'm sure most have read the righteous quotes he post in his locker room, now he is playing us against Mizzo. What's that say about his true self and slogans?

I'd kill for a Harbaugh type guy that would be honest and tell you to go ****yourself, I'm doing it my way, we will win 7 or 8 games 3 years in a row and then I'm probably off to my next challenge.

at the end of the day, I just hope for a coach that knows the victory formation and what down it is in the 4th quarter.

What a great recruiting strategy- if we win I'm leaving before you graduate or maybe even before you get to play. No one does that.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I don't want Campbell. The defenses he's been successful against, are a LOT different than those in the Big12.

His MAC team beat Arkansas earlier this year. Sure Arkansas is run heavy, but he was able to develop 2/3 star talent to beat a solid SEC team. I am sure he will focus his recruiting to beat Big12 teams.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu

That's not what 'Moneyball' means at all...

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
That's not what 'Moneyball' means at all...

Was just going to post this. He means the coach is the opposite of a Moneyball hire. Assuming that there is such a thing as a Moneyball hire in college football given the small sample size of games.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Was just going to post this. He means the coach is the opposite of a Moneyball hire. Assuming that there is such a thing as a Moneyball hire in college football given the small sample size of games.

Yeaaaaaaa math!

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
Its a good hire given the circumstances. Last year was the chance for a home run hire like Herman this year is the raid the MAC for the best coach available. Campbell is the guy who will win with the current players other guys might have sexier schemes but his seems suited to what he is inheriting. Getting him right away and avoiding the dating game aspect of the coaching search makes this a great hire. Dunno if hes a good enough recruiter to have huge success but I'll assume he'll grind out 6 wins next year and get some buzz going.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron