Is Breece Hall the best player in the B12?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think the big thing that sets Breece apart as a back is his ability to break to the outside on running plays. Go back and look at all his longer runs and you will see that he is following the line, going where the play is going, and then he will suddenly change directions and break it back to the outside, leaving most of the defenders trying to fight their way back. The TE have done a great job of sealing the back edge most of the time. The OL still is not good, maybe they are at least average at this point. Guess they will have a lot of guys with experience next year anyway.

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
I disagree slightly in that I think the offensive line is doing much better by this point of the season and could be considered a positive for the team. Especially in the ground game. I think they doing a LOT to help make Breece look better and I have had good things to say about them for the first time in about 5 years or more. I think they are not getting enough credit. (There is some things about the way Newell is snapping the ball I am unhappy with, but that is a different subject).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I disagree slightly in that I think the offensive line is doing much better by this point of the season and could be considered a positive for the team. Especially in the ground game. I think they doing a LOT to help make Breece look better and I have had good things to say about them for the first time in about 5 years or more. I think they are not getting enough credit. (There is some things about the way Newell is snapping the ball I am unhappy with, but that is a different subject).
I would completely agree. Go back and watch our OL when David Montgomery was here and look at the difference in some of his big runs compared to Breece's. David was constantly getting hit behind the line or right at the LOS and was turning those plays into positive ones or maybe even a 30+ yarder. On our big run plays this year, Breece isn't getting touched until he's at the second level and he's elusive enough to shed a tackle / cut and then has enough acceleration and speed to beat every single defensive back.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
tenor.gif

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
On a side note, have you ever seen a group of TE's with this much talent. seriously, this may be the best group of TE'S ever in college football.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Hall is certainly the best running back. Perhaps best offensive player. I'm not sure how one defines 'best player' though?

Will he be the first drafted? Maybe that's the measurement. If so, professionals will answer the question.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hall is certainly the best running back. Perhaps best offensive player. I'm not sure how one defines 'best player' though?

Will he be the first drafted? Maybe that's the measurement. If so, professionals will answer the question.
Surly, he cant be drafted you dolt.