Iowa's Next Football Coach

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
First of all I now think that the Big 12 will be around a lot longer than what any of us thought 5 years ago. The league is stable and I believe we finished in 3rd place for the money that each conference gave out to its schools last year.

I really liked the idea floated early this spring about raiding the Pac 12 for some of their better programs, it might be nothing, but they tried to do it to us, we should return the favor.

For ISU to land in the Big 10, we would have to have a number of things to break our way, UT would have to go independent or cut a deal like ND has in the ACC, could happen. OU would have to go to the SEC along with OSU, could happen.
We all know that KU would jump at the chance for the Big 10, but this BB scandal may slow down the push to allow them in.

One could make the case that all the more desirable teams are taken, and the Big 10 is setting there thinking maybe ISU does not look to bad, they don't have to worry about enlarging the footprint because with cord cutting that is going away. AAU school, few to no scandal's, solid FB and BB programs, big enough stadium with great fan support.

I don't think it will happen, but stranger things have occurred, Maryland to the Big 10 for instance.
Maryland isn't that strange from a tv viewership standpoint. Way more TV sets in Maryland/Northeast than Iowa State/Midwest. That's the ultimate selling point.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Ken O'Keefe takes over. The only upper level hok coach not named in RaceGate.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Maryland isn't that strange from a tv viewership standpoint. Way more TV sets in Maryland/Northeast than Iowa State/Midwest. That's the ultimate selling point.

I get that point, but Maryland was a founding member of the ACC, they had great rivalries, with Duke, NC for BB. I have always wondered if they were not broke, if they would have stayed in the ACC. It was the lack of money that forced them to make the move, why be on the edge of a conference instead of right in the middle of it like they were in the ACC, if it was not for the money?

https://www.bizjournals.com/washing...tic-department-red-ink-nearly-tripled-in.html

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

it may have been about TV sets then , but it isn’t now. Population, cable subscribers...that used to matter. Now what matters is how many people actually watch each week and how many would potentially subscribe to a streaming service to watch.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I don’t really think that’s surprising for someone who has been there that long to have some guys who were with him a long time nor is it odd that in a state that is really white to have support staff that is white as well. I mean just take a look at ISUs complete staff.

Help Support Us

Become a patron