Iowa vs. NDSU

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Iowa has an easy schedule cause they play ISU out of conference, but ISU has a hard schedule cause they play Iowa out of conference? Got it.

No. Both Iowa and ISU aren't very good this year. ISU just plays a tougher schedule this year like always and that has nothing to do with Iowa

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
At least keep up if you're going to post-sad, really
We were discussing teams without starting QB's. Apparently UI (as a ranked team) losing to an FCS QB making his 3rd career start [?] was not a big deal to you. That QB led NDSU to victory against a dominant B1G Defense!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sounds like a messy locker room in Iowa City. King clearly isn't happy about his demotion even though it's his own fault

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ip-ron-coluzzi-linebacker-mustaches/91186572/

IOWA CITY, Ia. — The Iowa football team’s culture and leadership, such a big story in the success of the 2015 season, remains a work in progress in 2016.

“Last year’s team, it was a great leadership team,” Iowa senior cornerback Desmond King said Tuesday in the wake of news that receiver Matt VandeBerg will miss the rest of the regular season. “There were older guys, guys that were accountable and being mature enough to take on a task and kind of evolve to a new level. I feel like this team has the ability to do it as well, but it’s going to take some time to get everybody on the same page.”

Should King’s comments be of concern to the 3-1 Hawkeyes?

To be fair, last year’s team had a core of 21 nose-to-the-grindstone seniors (20 of whom weren’t chosen in the NFL Draft) that is borderline irreplaceable.

But now that adversity is piling up for the Hawkeyes, the culture will be tested and leaders will need to emerge as they did a year ago.

“I think we’ve got a lot of glimpses of leadership on this team,” senior quarterback C.J. Beathard said. “It still is a work in progress. You’re never going to get there.”

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
We were discussing teams without starting QB's. Apparently UI (as a ranked team) losing to an FCS QB making his 3rd career start [?] was not a big deal to you. That QB led NDSU to victory against a dominant B1G Defense!
Guess I'll have to help-NDSU quarterback started 8 games last year after Carson got hurt-so basically was a returning quarterback. Does that help???

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Guess I'll have to help-NDSU quarterback started 8 games last year after Carson got hurt-so basically was a returning quarterback. Does that help???
Oh, sorry, you're right -- that was what then, game 11? Congrats, he almost has one full season under his belt. How many games has Beathard played in again, against stronger, more dominant B1G defenses?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Hahahahah. Yeah I saw that. My mistake. Didn't feel like correcting it and figured a sharp guy like yourself would catch it

ICHawk24

Sep 8, 2010
Oh, sorry, you're right -- that was what then, game 11? Congrats, he almost has one full season under his belt. How many games has Beathard played in again, against stronger, more dominant B1G defenses?

So, career starts by your QB should decide each game?

Maybe ISU should stop changing your starting QB three times a year. It was nice reading Lanning-is-the-next-Tebow threads on this site for 9 months, and now y'all think he sucks.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So, career starts by your QB should decide each game?

Maybe ISU should stop changing your starting QB three times a year. It was nice reading Lanning-is-the-next-Tebow threads on this site for 9 months, and now y'all think he sucks.
Hey now! Lanning could totally still be the next Tebow.

With wrestling, rather than baseball, though.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
What was the excuse for NDSU's 21 points beat down of isu or was an FCS school just that much better?
bump.gif

Reactions: CyTwins