Iowa State Uniform Discussions

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I wonder how many times they will wear black at home?

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Still feel about the same as yesterday about the cardinal and black - cardinal is brought down by the black collar, black is fine but some accent colors would be nice. It’s fine as long as it’s only used sparingly for games.

The white jerseys are outstanding though. Wow! Not sure why they couldn’t have adapted the collar from those for the cardinal - use gold and then cardinal again towards the top. The black really just doesn’t work, it’s the same issue as when we all complained about the dark blue in the McCarney era unis and logo. It won’t age well.

The numbers don’t bother me quite as much now although they are kind of awkwardly huge - I get that’s a Nike thing now though.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The most awesome thing is that our football team is legit, so whatever we wear will look legit.

This is a whole new experience for most of us.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
I am of the few who really liked the gold. After seeing these I don't even care that we don't have much gold! Awesome look

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Still feel about the same as yesterday about the cardinal and black - cardinal is brought down by the black collar, black is fine but some accent colors would be nice. It’s fine as long as it’s only used sparingly for games.

The white jerseys are outstanding though. Wow! Not sure why they couldn’t have adapted the collar from those for the cardinal - use gold and then cardinal again towards the top. The black really just doesn’t work, it’s the same issue as when we all complained about the dark blue in the McCarney era unis and logo. It won’t age well.

I think you'll see them swap the cardinal and black facemasks at some point. Along with player accessories like arm bands and gloves, the color combos will get mixed a bit. That black collar will make more sense with a black facemask and pants. I think it's stupid, but I see where they're going with it. The black helmet could be pretty cool with the chrome red facemask.