Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can I get a mock-up of these uniforms with a few small changes?
First the pants absolutely need a stripe. I think a mostly cardinal stripe with a small amount of gold would look great. Something similar to our b-ball shorts with a tornado-like design.

The 2019 jersey looks good but could probably use a hint of white to match the rest.

Lastly, of course I think the orrnado should be included even if not in the helmet. Maybe there is a way to include on the side of the shoulder pads or on the collar.

Yes sorry white helmet, Cardinal jersey, white pants with Cardinal nado Stripe with a touch of gold.

(Good god we need sports back)
I tried to find some pics of mens BB unis, the tornado pant stripe you speak of. My rural internet is poor at the moment and data all used up for month so I couldn't find any good pics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the football uni white pant with that type of stripe. I likely will not be doing it any time soon due to not having good pics to reproduce. Perhaps someone else on CF could do that for us/you? Good luck.

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I tried to find some pics of mens BB unis, the tornado pant stripe you speak of. My rural internet is poor at the moment and data all used up for month so I couldn't find any good pics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the football uni white pant with that type of stripe. I likely will not be doing it any time soon due to not having good pics to reproduce. Perhaps someone else on CF could do that for us/you? Good luck.

Attachments

• C651800D-C3E2-4CBB-BD60-1DAECF7E6024.jpeg
    C651800D-C3E2-4CBB-BD60-1DAECF7E6024.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
EaqXLs1U0AAi8kK

I surprisingly like these. The white numbers with gold outline is the way to go. The dark lighting helps keep the cardinal more traditional. The helmet color is what we should try to avoid (and have).

Also helps if your players have a bit of personal style. Doxson knew how to swag out his uniform (ankle tape, no/short socks, towel).

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Got it, thanks. That will be fun to do. Might look pretty good. Never know until we see a simple version or two.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Got it, thanks. That will be fun to do. Might look pretty good. Never know until we see a simple version or two.
I think the tornado they have on BB shorts might be a little cheesy on football uni, definitely not a classic look for a stripe. That said it might be kind of cool, might work on the white pant only with some mods. I'll work on it though, I'd like to see it now.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This photo below was from the Texas game last year. Breece Hall's shoulder pads were sticking out a bit below his jersey, and so you can kinda get a taste of what cardinal and gold stripes on the shoulders of the jersey might look like with the black jerseys. Personally I like it a lot. I'm no longer afraid of using black, cardinal, and gold together. Embrace it.

upload_2020-6-29_23-3-7.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I really like that! Now just need the numbers on the shoulder white too, and make the white stripe on pants a bit thicker too IMO.
I will get to that (making the shoulder # the same as main #). But I don't think it will look as good. I am going with the alternating color on the #'s because I like it. ;)

Just look at the post following yours, white #'s = too much KCChief vibe. What one likes, another does not. That's the way it is.

The white main # cardinal jersey is now my favorite (with the gold side #'s). If I made the entire jersey with white #'s I know I personally would not like it as well, too much white, not enough cardinal. That is my reasoning anyway. And same goes for the gold main #, white side #'s, in reverse. ISU unis red  2018 Mod8PantStripe ybW  42wbYSde .jpg ISU unis red  2018 Mod7PantStripe rbY2  42rybWSde.jpg