IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The Ag research and innovation that can be done by combining Iowa State and Purdue in a research partnership could also literally be life altering to a huge chunk of the planet. That's not hyperbole either.
We just got selected as one of 11 schools for an AI research federal grant. We were selected as the school for advancing AI capabilities in Agriculture. A nice feather in the "academic" cap.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
HR has a wonderful thread on this topic. They honestly believe that all the presidents care only about athletics.

• Haha
Reactions: ISUcyclones11

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
We just got selected as one of 11 schools for an AI research federal grant. We were selected as the school for advancing AI capabilities in Agriculture. A nice feather in the "academic" cap.
A couple examples of $10 million research partnerships with PSU and Wisconsin. The first one is led by UW, but ISU is the biggest partner. The second one is led by ISU, and PSU is the biggest partner.

sj4

Jun 12, 2012
ISU in the Big 10 would be awesome for our traveling fan base. From Ames:

Iowa: 2 hours
Minnesota: 3+ hours
Illinois: 5.5 hours
Nebraska: 3+ hours
Wisconsin: 4.25 hours
Northwestern: 5.5 hours

Depending on where you live in the state give/take some time would be a lot of drivable road trip options compared to how we are setup in the Big 12 right now. Just so much potential for this to mutually benefit us as well as the rest of the Big 12 schools as adds more regional rivalries. I've been wanting to play some of these schools non-conference for years, especially in basketball as they make a lot of sense logistically as well as fan excitement to play than some no-name directional school where most years the game is over by halftime.

Best case is for ISU to land in the Big 10 and we'd be stupid not to take an invite if one came this year with the uncertainty of the Big 12 right now. Financially would also be a big boost too.

Good point on the travel. The Northwestern game would be a sellout. They would be thrilled. They average about 37,000 and their stadium holds 47,000.

That and a weekend in Chicago would be a fun tri....Oh...wait...never mind.

But still a good point.

Reactions: Peter

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Wait a second, just so I’m clear on what you’re saying.

We shouldn’t believe anything we don’t hear from official sources? Do You mean like reporters being fed information, too?

thats exactly what I’m saying. Although this is just an opinion from a guy who doesn’t know anything either.

and what reporters are being “fed information.?” I’ll admit I haven’t followed realignment post for post on here, but I haven’t seen anything from anyone that wasn’t more than speculation. As soon as one guy says, “My source said…” the next guy says something to contradict that according to his source.

I mean what is a source, wasn’t there a radio personality in Des Moines who’s source turned out to be his dentist? (Sorry, I live in Illinois and remember hearing the story during the last go around with this)

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
No, we heard about OU and Texas from Texas A&M, via the Houston Chronicle. Big difference.
Obviously Iowa is leaking this news to Wannstedt for him to tell everyone on this obscure chicago radio show