IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Adding Campbell to the league plus our AAU status is very intriguing for the Big Ten I've been told
sheldon-breathing.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
PAC still has academic standards and I think neither BSU or Houston meet these. could be wrong if they meet them, but they do require a step below AAU status.

It's worth noting that Utah wasn't up to snuff initially but was admitted and has now attained the required credentials. So there is a chance that a school who was close could be admitted with the stipulations that they meet certain criteria. Seems like that would be a pretty tall order for a Boise or Houston but the pac might take the right school.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
He might not be at the meeting, but does he play golf with guys who are? More plausible.

That makes more sense. I know he has worked at Fox and does both NFL and CFB coverage, but he has no reason to be in a meeting on the business side of things. He also has no reason sharing what he learned on a golf course on a radio show. I am trying to take it as rumor, but hard when this is the absolute best case scenario for ISU.

See you at Ryan Field!

It would be so fun to be there every other year. I love going to that glorified high school field.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
But Pete Thamel said today that Iowa State is hosed and will lose Coach Campbell after this season.

Let's hope and pray that Wannstedt is right and it will be confirmed soon. Otherwise I don't think anyone can take 4 more years of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: State2015

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
If this happens..... ISU makes so much sense in almost every aspect (other than the most important aspect $$)

Land grant university, high academic standards, Midwest footprint....a total fit

It would be a big big deal

And, they get Campbell as a confrence coach. He is someone that will bring wins to the confrence and he’s get for image! ISU wins big!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If this is going down, we aren't going to hear about it from Dave Wannstadt in the 4th hour of a radio show.

Quick someone find a bunch of clips of Dave Wannstadt being right like how the Simpsons predicted a bunch of things.

Reactions: frackincygy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
The alliance is just the Yalta Conference 2.0. Substitute the Pac 12 for Churchill, the Big 10 for Roosevelt, and the ACC for Stalin. Instead of dividing up eastern Europe, they're dividing up the Big 12.

1629821609435.png

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Does anyone else find it fairly strange and likely telling that at the beginning of that clip he didn’t even remember what city or even state he was in when he supposedly had this conversation?

No bc he prob is traveling all over the place...When you are traveling alot you can't recall where you were half the time..

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and cygrads

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
PAC still has academic standards and I think neither BSU or Houston meet these. could be wrong if they meet them, but they do require a step below AAU status.
The table in the link below is from the NSF and has research spending by universities in 2018. Not a perfect ranking, but shows who is spending what on the academic front.

CSU 65
ISU 70
KU 74
KSU 106
OSU 118
TTU 120
WVU 121
Houston 123
Nevada 139
San Diego St 164
UNLV 165

• Informative