IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Now you don’t have to leave Chicago!:D

As weird as it might sound....ISU in the Big 10 does make this place seem a little better. Of course all bets are off and my attitude plummets when our 5 months of winter starts.

I really believe if ISU went to the Big Ten the fans would almost instantly consider us like a long term member or wonder why we weren't in the league from the beginning

Baked in rivals for football - NU and Iowa with Minnesota a strong possibility for a third.

Basketball rivals - NU (because of Fred), Iowa, Kansas just to start....

We even got our nickname playing Northwestern!

Makes too much sense

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
If TCU is off the table for the religious thing, I would venture to guess that either Boise or Houston would be the next options for the PAC. Boise for the name recognition, Houston for the large alumni base and establishing another foothold in Texas.

Academics have to matter somewhere. Boise was literally a community college until 1989 and, from all reports, not much has changed since they went 4 year.

SeaClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
If TCU is off the table for the religious thing, I would venture to guess that either Boise or Houston would be the next options for the PAC. Boise for the name recognition, Houston for the large alumni base and establishing another foothold in Texas.

I feel like BYU is a different level of "religious" than TCU, so it wouldn't surprise me if TCU would be acceptable.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
And, they get Campbell as a confrence coach. He is someone that will bring wins to the confrence and he’s get for image! ISU wins big!
I think the Alliance conferences will act in concert and it will depend on whether they think college sports will be better off with the Big XII still around or if they believe it's unlikely to be viable. I think they would rather have the Big XII stay around, since making the other conferences larger works against their stated goals. I hope I'm wrong; I would love to be in the B1G. On the upside, they may believe it's in their interest to increase our viability by insisting on giving us a place in the Football Playoff and other P5 perks.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
As weird as it might sound....ISU in the Big 10 does make this place seem a little better. Of course all bets are off and my attitude plummets when our 5 months of winter starts.

I really believe if ISU went to the Big Ten the fans would almost instantly consider us like a long term member or wonder why we weren't in the league from the beginning

Baked in rivals for football - NU and Iowa with Minnesota a strong possibility for a third.

Basketball rivals - NU (because of Fred), Iowa, Kansas just to start....

We even got our nickname playing Northwestern!

Makes too much sense

Minnesota would bring up some history...

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Everyone knows nothing will happen until OU/Texas pay their way out. Fox and the other conferences want them to take the financial hit. Only after that will the cards be shown and schools will leave for the new conferences. A couple will be left out. Tech is on an island and TCU (while they won football games) never built their brand. They can't fill their stadium in the DFW metro and that's sad. Baylor is just small.

Reactions: hoosman

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
The Ag research and innovation that can be done by combining Iowa State and Purdue in a research partnership could also literally be life altering to a huge chunk of the planet. That's not hyperbole either.
Agree. I bet the engineering school get a boost by being in the BIG as well!

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Ok. Considering this has been a poker game from the get-go, let's consider 'false' propaganda. Could this type of leak have an ulterior motive? It could be to simply 'delay' things. It could be to orchestrate a mutiny within the Big8. It could be to negotiate TV contracts. Heck, I could go on and on with 'it could be's, but one thing is for sure: I can postulate more lies than truths.

Fox doesn’t care about the soon to be former big 12. They’re not trying to get any deal with them. They do care about espn’s attempt to corner the market on brand name football schools.

And no one, other than fan bases of the 8 schools care about what Dave has to say.

To further that point, you should disbelieve equally, if not more, anything being tweeted by media sources.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Cloneon

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
I've always thought Wannstedt is a smart and handsome man
You can always trust a man with a long term dedication to the mustache. He is not just putting it on for a no-shave November in-joke or swayed by hipster trends. He has a quiet dignity, his word is his bond. The Tom Selleck of Football. Good Solid Dave. May his words be true.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So a quick scan of this Mike Vernon shows he's a guy that covers KU, and one of the top articles is him saying three weeks ago that KU to the Big 10 was imminent.

this time he was just passing on what someone else said. Are you saying thatBig **** Dave’s comments were deep faked?

Reactions: Cyclones1969

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron