Iowa State Theme Sports Bars, Cafes

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The list here is of three Iowa State theme bars-four if you count Johnny's? Not good. I have been to two Hawkeye bars. with my Hawk Brother-in-Law.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kippys in Elkhart is a big ISU bar.
Keg Stand.
I'd say Whistling Donkey in Woodbard is an ISU bar.

• Winner
Reactions: StClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Friend of mine was in Rome, went into a little cafe and there were ISU t-shirts on the wall, with many signatures. And a couple of ISU professors there having food. He is a Hawk alum and fan, but struck up a conversation as a visiting Iowan.

Apparently there is an ISU annex of some kind where they teach. IDK the name of the cafe, sadly.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Not a bar, but it does serve beer

D1vLbdgWoAExUSK.jpg:large

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Always say there is a huge opportunity for someone to open an ISU bar/restaurant in Des Moines. I’m not talking just hanging a few banners like a lot of the sport’s bars do currently, I’m talking all ISU from front to back and side to side. One section playing Cyclone.TV with audio all the time.

Zero doubt when you see the building from the outside exactly what the place is all about.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
No ISU specific bars that I know of in the Twin Cities, but UpTown Tavern always accommodates ISU fans on football or basketball games days. More often than not turning off the music for the game audio to be played.

Also Darby's Pub is the site of ISU Almni gamewatches. I have never really enjoyed my times there, unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
My new self-pour sports bar that is opening next year in Charlotte will have a healthy amount of Cardinal and Gold. Unfortunately, the other owner is a Clemson grad so there will be plenty of Tiger garb in there as well.

Reactions: srjclone and Cycsk

Help Support Us

Become a patron