Iowa State is an 11.5 point favorite over UNI

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
We have a large group of ppl coming for this game. We are gonna get drunk, eat some damn good food, and watch ISU put up 40+ points on uni.

Reactions: aauummm

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think ISU wins, but since they might not and a troll could bump this thread, I'll leave it at that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Winning and having no injuries are my top priorities.

A bonus would be not to require late-game heroics or dig out from an early deficit.

Additional bonus, look well-prepared and methodically pull away.

Sure. I'd take a workman-like 27-10 W to start the season. Control the lines of scrimmage, move the ball consistently, get out healthy with a W and some things to work on for the next week.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The UNI game last year was the worst game I've witnessed in Jack Trice in the last decade. I completely expect us to come out firing on all cylinders and win by 20+.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

InCyder99

Jul 12, 2016
In the same way I expected a win last season, this is what I expect this season. I'll be disappointed if we don't TTU the purple hawks. There's a lot of reasons we won't (incomplete playbook, resting studs like Allen, first game) but it'd be nice to embarrass Farley and get some payback.
Is this a troll or an inside joke I'm missing because I'm not around here a lot? Why would we rest Lazard? Everything else in the post makes sense.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Is this a troll or an inside joke I'm missing because I'm not around here a lot? Why would we rest Lazard? Everything else in the post makes sense.
If you're up by 30+ against a D2 team, why push your good kids into a further injury risk? Get your fresh blood in there for some game experience.

MOClone

May 1, 2009

This is not a joke... if ISU is pulling away and the game is safely in hand for the Clones then you don't risk an injury to your top players. There is also a very big benefit to playing younger players so that they get some gameday experience and can provide some needed depth in tough games that lay ahead on the schedule

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Just poor writing...I guess I mean to say that if we're kicking UNIs *** TTU style they'll sit AL. My personal hope would be that even if it were 66-10 we'd keep throwing 40 yard bombs to Allen...

Reactions: InCyder99

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Favored by 11.5 pts scares the you-know-what out of me.

I love some of these posts saying we can basically mark down a 40+ pt beatdown. Really? I hope so, but boy, you must not have learned anything about ISU football over the years, especially against UNI.

I do think we'll be better in year two of CMC, however, don't think we don't come into this game every single year wanting to put a beatdown on UNI, and guess what, it doesn't happen too often. So no matter how bad we "want it", don't think that they don't want it just as much or often times even more.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
This is not a joke... if ISU is pulling away and the game is safely in hand for the Clones then you don't risk an injury to your top players. There is also a very big benefit to playing younger players so that they get some gameday experience and can provide some needed depth in tough games that lay ahead on the schedule

100% correct. Get the young guys in and see who gets in correct position and makes the correct reads. Huge benefit to it; hope we are up by 28 at half.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yeah, I was just trying to get ahead of the inevitable debate of optimists and pessimists.

UNI is that one game where we have much more talent and should be heavily favored every single time, but I'm gonna still worry about them. UNI always seems to be better prepared coming into this game, and heart and momentum can make this match-up scarier than it should be.

I want to see us assert our dominance on the lines early. If I have to watch a couple early 3 and outs followed by UNI's undersized O-line pulling and creating holes and getting first downs, I'm gonna have to censor myself in front of my daughter.

UNI has 3 returning OL who are all 5th year seniors and are all over 300LBs..

Just FYI.