Iowa State Daily - Sunglasses article

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I can't believe you were naive enough to believe their marketing campaign in the first place.

Kudos cyclones2015 for calling them out on their B.S.

I didn't say I believed them. These marketing stories are taught in brand building classes now and almost all BS. They were clearly misleading in their statement but as I pointed out may not have been an out right lie. I was calling 2015 out for going all Woodward and Bernstein with his smoking gun alibaba picture that wasn't even the same glasses. If you are going to make allegations and smear someones business, back it up.

Last edited:

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Their website says that. So they are most certainly claiming it. And I'm personally a young ISU entrepreneur as well that does things the right away instead of lying straight to my customers faces about a higher cause to the business (helping the environment).

Is that like Fran McCafferry right way?

I actually think you're probably right, but had to give you a hard time about that.

I'm surprised the article didn't think to ask them anything about how the glasses were actually manufactured.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Next you're going to tell me 300 dollar sunglasses aren't worth 300 dollars.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Been thinking about this a little more and I am guessing that the lenses are probably a "green" product also. I expect they are recycled from plastic six-pack holders after the plastic was removed from the necks of endangered sea turtles.

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
Been thinking about this a little more and I am guessing that the lenses are probably a "green" product also. I expect they are recycled from plastic six-pack holders after the plastic was removed from the necks of endangered sea turtles.

Shut up and take my money.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron