Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
JT has a bit of Jeff Moe spazziness to his game, can bring it up a little out of control sometimes, but he's young and I love his speed and ability to penetrate and break down the D.

Would have never expected that comparison.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
JT has a bit of Jeff Moe spazziness to his game, can bring it up a little out of control sometimes, but he's young and I love his speed and ability to penetrate and break down the D.
The spazziness will most likely get more under control. He'll end up being a solid player in his time at Iowa. I don't think he's going to be unbelievable or anything but who knows. I thought the same thing about Garza and look where he's at.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Don't worry Thad Matta is coming to save the day, LOL
It's almost as bad as the Beilein wishing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Beilein, but he's old as ****. We're doing this again in four or so years after he takes over regardless of performance in that case.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Grill is a freak athlete with good size for a guard. He's never focused on just basketball. They talk about that all the time.

His ceiling is why teams like Texas Tech, Kansas State, Creighton, etc wanted him and why he was a top 175 recruit

freak athlete means nothing to me. It’s nice to be athletic but the Iowa kid is a good basketball player. George and monte were not the best athletes. They were great basketball players though.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
freak athlete means nothing to me. It’s nice to be athletic but the Iowa kid is a good basketball player. George and monte were not the best athletes. They were great basketball players though.

Toussaint is not a good basketball player. He's shooting 36% from the floor and 18% from 3 lol

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Monte wasn't a good athlete...?
1f914.png

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Allen Iverson, LOL. Why don't you just compare the South Dakota St. commit to Bo Jackson while you are at it.
Grill had more P-5 offers in his spring period than Iowa's entire 2020 class does lol. And I wasn't comparing Grill to Allen Iverson, I was bringing him up in reference to your statement that multi-sport athletes shouldn't play basketball.

Reactions: CyTwins and JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Garza went from an average post to an all-american in one season. Grill can certainly improve from bad to solid.
If you factor in defense Garza was probably below average.
Benji said Garza shouldn't start for any power team in the Country, and you can be assured one of these "new" Iowa posters is Benji.
Now, Luka is a top 5 college basketball player today. I'm not worried about his draft potential when I make that statement, he's turned himself into a really good college basketball player.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron