Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
LOL, Beard is 10x the coach and developer of talent than Prohm is.
Not disagreeing that Beard is a much better coach. I'm also not going to talk bad about Prohm's developing of talent when he literally had two players get drafted last year and will have a lottery pick this year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Not disagreeing that Beard is a much better coach. I'm also not going to talk bad about Prohm's developing of talent when he literally had two players get drafted last year and will have a lottery pick this year.

If Prohm "developed" these players, is he also responsible for the regression of Wiggington last year? Is Prohm responsible for the lack of development of Conditt? Is Prohm responsible for how bad Nixon, Jacobson, and others have been this year? Is Prohm responsible for why Grill (who Twins claims is so highly sought by other programs) has been so bad?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Prohm "developed" these players, is he also responsible for the regression of Wiggington last year? Is Prohm responsible for the lack of development of Conditt? Is Prohm responsible for how bad Nixon, Jacobson, and others have been this year? Is Prohm responsible for why Grill (who Twins claims is so highly sought by other programs) has been so bad?

Prohm not having a 4 sport athlete like Grill ready to go as a freshman is a fireable offense

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wigginton got worse last year? I wouldn't say that.. He averaged less points because he was playing on a much more talented team. Conditt is still a sophomore. Jacobson was pretty good last year. Grill is an 18 year old freshman who just started focusing on basketball. Nixon was a whiff, I'll agree on that.

So your argument here comes down to Grill, Conditt, and Wigginton.. all underclassmen lol. You're wondering why they haven't been great in their first or second year of college basketball..

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Prohm not having a 4 sport athlete like Grill ready to go as a freshman is a fireable offense

Four sport athletes should go play college football not basketball. Football is much more a sport where development can spike once all time is devoted to that sport.

I never said Prhom should be fired for not developing the South Dakota St. commit. Heck I hope Pollard extends him for the work he has done without Fred's kids the last 3 years.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
If you don't play hard, you don't play. That was part of the reason for Lewis not playing much before this, but he's now going to have to because of Halliburton's injury.

I agree, hate it when a guy doesn't reach his potential because of effort. Wonder if a change of scenery would do him some good. A fresh start by transferring would maybe get him refocused.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree, hate it when a guy doesn't reach his potential because of effort. Wonder if a change of scenery would do him some good. A fresh start by transferring would maybe get him refocused.
The problem is I think he really likes Iowa State and feels at home here. Some guys are like that.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Wigginton got worse last year? I wouldn't say that.. He averaged less points because he was playing on a much more talented team. Conditt is still a sophomore. Jacobson was pretty good last year. Grill is an 18 year old freshman who just started focusing on basketball. Nixon was a whiff, I'll agree on that.

So your argument here comes down to Grill, Conditt, and Wigginton.. all underclassmen lol. You're wondering why they haven't been great in their first or second year of college basketball..

Basketball is much more of a sport you can tell pretty early how good a player can be (obviously not all the time, but lots of the time). Sure lots of times they do struggle with typical Fr. struggles, but you can also see the talent many times as well. Who knows, maybe Grill turns out to be great (I don't see it), but it could happen.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Basketball is much more of a sport you can tell pretty early how good a player can be (obviously not all the time, but lots of the time). Sure lots of times they do struggle with typical Fr. struggles, but you can also see the talent many times as well. Who knows, maybe Grill turns out to be great (I don't see it), but it could happen.
I don't think Grill is going to be great. He doesn't need to be great. He just needs to be solid. Matt Thomas was great. Grill is very smart and he's very athletic. He was a good shooter and scorer in high school but is obviously not ready at this moment to play against this competition.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
If he doesn't come back he should seriously look at Drake.