Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Young with Jordan on him on the baseline hoisting up a 15 ft jump shot was the most perplexing play of the night. I was was like "oh ****" and then WTF?
Yup the whole offense was so putrid to start the game against Iowa. Nothing they did made sense. No ball movement or attacking the basket against a slower Iowa team and just standing around hoisting up long 3s (which they are not good at shooting). I can't remember exactly what it was but we were at like 16 points with under 10 left in the first half. That should never happen against that defense. It was like Iowa hit a couple 3s and we felt like we needed to or something.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Okay hold on.. You're saying Tyrese Halliburton is a P6 talent right now, yet is considered a top PG in the nation and is a potential lottery pick?

Yeah no dog in the fight here, but Halliburton is the best player on most power conference rosters. He can be as good as he wants to/is willing to demand the ball. I'd seen bits and pieces of ISU games prior to the Iowa-ISU game, and then obviously the whole Iowa-ISU game. ISU has some nice pieces, but not sure how all those pieces will fit into something really good like I could in past years. Was just surprised how ISU let Iowa dictate how the game was played. It happens sometimes I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah no dog in the fight here, but Halliburton is the best player on most power conference rosters. He can be as good as he wants to/is willing to demand the ball. I'd seen bits and pieces of ISU games prior to the Iowa-ISU game, and then obviously the whole Iowa-ISU game. ISU has some nice pieces, but not sure how all those pieces will fit into something really good like I could in past years. Was just surprised how ISU let Iowa dictate how the game was played. It happens sometimes I guess.
Yeah I'm not sure you can analyze the outcome from the game anymore than Iowa State just got outplayed in every aspect of the game by Iowa. Iowa took control early and never let go. But yes, Halliburton is an incredible talent who will only continue to get better. I'm hoping he comes back next year for the sake of our team and the love I have for his game at ISU, but if there's a legitimate shot of him being a lottery pick, I don't see how he stays. We'll see though, these projections are still just projections and it's very early into the season. Other guys could come onto the scene and bump Halliburton out. If Tyrese is a projected late first rounder / second rounder, I would be fairly confident he'd come back next season.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure you can analyze the outcome from the game anymore than Iowa State just got outplayed in every aspect of the game by Iowa. Iowa took control early and never let go. But yes, Halliburton is an incredible talent who will only continue to get better. I'm hoping he comes back next year for the sake of our team and the love I have for his game at ISU, but if there's a legitimate shot of him being a lottery pick, I don't see how he stays. We'll see though, these projections are still just projections and it's very early into the season. Other guys could come onto the scene and bump Halliburton out. If Tyrese is a projected late first rounder / second rounder, I would be fairly confident he'd come back next season.

Just by looking at box scores and watching the Iowa game, Bolton and Nixon need to lay off the three pointers and get to the rim. They are shooting way too many threes considering they aren't very good three point shooters.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just by looking at box scores and watching the Iowa game, Bolton and Nixon need to lay off the three pointers and get to the rim. They are shooting way too many threes considering they aren't very good three point shooters.

Nick Graham had some good insight about them and their 3 point shooting on a podcast on here

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I keep telling them that too but they just won't listen to me.

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
He has not played very well yet his Fr year.

What? I feel like he has been better than I thought he would be so far. Obviously the game against Cincinnati he was really bad, but other than thought, I feel he has been very solid.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
What? I feel like he has been better than I thought he would be so far. Obviously the game against Cincinnati he was really bad, but other than thought, I feel he has been very solid.

He has been underwhelming to me so far. He will be much better next year when he learns to play more under control.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

His stats are pretty terrible

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
His stats are pretty terrible
Going after a true Freshman from a team that pummeled you in Hilton? He looked decent that night. Starting the 1st game of his career away from home against a pretty good defensive team. Don't really care what you think. As a Hawk fan, I think I'll cut him some slack.

• Agree
Reactions: UnCytely

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Going after a true Freshman from a team that pummeled you in Hilton? He looked decent that night. Starting the 1st game of his career away from home against a pretty good defensive team. Don't really care what you think. As a Hawk fan, I think I'll cut him some slack.

Cincinnati isn't a good defensive team but then again I didn't watch the game. Just curious how someone can start and have 3 turnovers in 4 min

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Cincinnati isn't a good defensive team but then again I didn't watch the game. Just curious how someone can start and have 3 turnovers in 4 min

He was out of control when he was in. Good learning experience for him. I think he has played really solid, up until the game Saturday night.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron