Iowa State back on Big Monday!

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Will Mad Fran's team be on Big Monday this year? I heard they are going to the Big Dance this year.
Edit: I guess for Big Ten teams it would be Super Tuesday

Last edited:

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
definitely wished the Kansas game was on a Saturday. A game against Kansas State or Texas on a BIG Monday would have been better.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
definitely wished the Kansas game was on a Saturday. A game against Kansas State or Texas on a BIG Monday would have been better.

Are you kidding? This is going to be 100% epic, especially if both teams are playing excellent ball / are ranked at the time of this game.

Wouldn't it be awesome if KU and ISU were tied for 1st in the conference at the time of this game? It has the potential to be the biggest game in Hilton in a long loooooooong time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I remember a big game against Virginia in the mid 00's that was epic at Hilton. Obviously it wasn't Big Monday, but it was on a lot of TVs.
This is great news, I can't wait!

Screen_shot_2011-01-21_at_8.47.37_AM.png

cyclone2001

Feb 26, 2012
I hope the cyclones go into this game ranked. this will be one heck of game, even of the cyclones are not ranked. Hilton will be wild, I think I need to come down to Ames with my other cyclone buddies. We are already planning to come down for the OU football game. I have sneaky suspension that OUs one lose this year is going to be against us.

D

DistrictCyclone

This is going to be awesome!!! I may have preferred Baylor so the broadcasters could talk up how Baylor's never won in Hilton, but I have no complaints whatsoever about the entire nation seeing a raucous crowd making noise while we extend KU's losing streak to 2 in the building!!!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Last Big Monday game was full on anticipation against Texas, only yo be a total Wayne Morgan style letdown.

Also, Brett Muesburger and Bobby Knight have been doing the Big 12 Big Monday game for 2 years now, so it will be them if they are together for a third.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
In many ways, our last big monday game was really the beginning of the end. TX torched us by 20, gregg doyel ripped on us and said hilton was falling apart (it actualyl was), and two months later wayne is fired.

also interesting to think how much more college hoops is televised now that when big monday started. espn/espn2/espnU/espn3 now has 3 games a night mon, tues, wed, thurs, + all day saturday and sunday nights.

love it that we finally got a game on big monday again

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I remember that, John Neal hit a 3 to seal it up!
I remember that game too! IIRC it was on ESPN2 but it was really hyped up by ESPN and ISU and Hilton was electric. I remember jumping up and down and screaming WE WON to my parents who were out of town even though I was watching it home alone. Let it be known I was 13 so thats why I went ape **** when we won and it was against the #19 team.