1 teaspoon or so of baking powder no less though
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
panko
seasoned salt or whatever you think you want ad as needed
Stir together dry stuff-mix well
Dip loins in dry mixture, just enough to coat. just an even coat. set aside
add milk and egg to remaining mixture- the finished texture of the batter, should not all run off when the loin is dipped, just a nice even coat. if the mixture is too thin add a bit of flour, too thick more milk. This is the hardest part.
put the loins on a wire rack let em drip a bit. Then put on a cookie sheet with panko in it. lay them in it and dust the tops with panko and pat in a bit. Fry away.

This also works very well for thick cut onion rings!
You are all very welcome. Mustard and thin sliced yellow onion is all I need. And a bun

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Joensy's in Ia City, owned by our own Ashley Joens parents.

537995_557705267584613_649787740_n.jpg

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Here's an idea: instead of the breaded and fried method go with a tenderloin roast, and do a variant on beef Wellington.

Sear the pork loin on all sides, rub it with mustard, or some flavorful sauce, wrap it with prosciutto, and then encase it in puff pastry. Hit it with an egg wash and bake until it's 165 in the middle. It looks super fancy when you slice it.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Here's an idea: instead of the breaded and fried method go with a tenderloin roast, and do a variant on beef Wellington.

Sear the pork loin on all sides, rub it with mustard, or some flavorful sauce, wrap it with prosciutto, and then encase it in puff pastry. Hit it with an egg wash and bake until it's 165 in the middle. It looks super fancy when you slice it.

I like this.

I like this a lot.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I like this.

I like this a lot.
I've made it a couple of times, and it's been a hit. I did one with a gorgonzola sauce instead of mustard, and it was really good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron